Monday 1 December 2008

All roads lead home






Todays card is another challenge to myself, to show another friend of mine Liz of http://stores.ebay.co.uk/Make-A-Lasting-Impression from whom I acquire all my Creative Expression Stamps, how much I appreciate all she does for me.



The stamps I used for this card are from the "Village" and "Holly" range by Sheena Douglass. I stamped the village street scene onto white card and then coloured it in with Aquarelle pencils, then using my Koi waterbrush I used it to blend the colours and to make it look natural.



After this I mounted it onto green card and then on wine card. The base card is white A4 card folded in half making it a A5 card, on which I used the small pointsetta stamp with the Shades of Red inkpad, stamping one straight from the pad then a second one to make it look cloudy. When dry I attached the wide red ribbon across the bottom.



The stamped image was then mounted on the card over the ribbon about an 1" from the top, the greeting is another of the stamps from the above range, this was mounted onto the same colour card as the larger image.



The two pointsetta's were punched out with the Large Dahlia punch from the Punch Bunch range. I have attached another photo to give you some idea as to how I create the Pointsetta, but I have also written the method I used to build up the flower.



The punch has several different size petals on it, I used the large petal to make the leaves and the next size for the lower layer of petals and an even smaller leaf shape for the top layer. These were moulded into shape with the deet tool, the knife edge is used to make the vein in the middle and then turned over and used to make the smaller veins. I used 3 medium punched out snowflakes to attach the leaves for the bottom layer (green), and the second layer (Red), and the third and top layer (Red). The centre is two small sun shapes (yellow)which are snipped and then cupped, into which I have stuck three small punched petal shapes (green), which are also cupped and stuck into the centre of the yellow sun shapes. I have finished this of with red and gold glitter glue.

No comments: