Tuesday 6 January 2009

A Good Luck Card for Sarah


Todays card was created as a Good Luck card for a very special friend who will be making her debut on Tuesday 13th January, at midday on Create and Craft.

I used Sarahs cd Fairy Wishes http://www.spanglefish.com/peerlessdesigns/index.asp?pageid=54566 which you will find on her website. Her cds are really beautiful and Im sure many crafters will have already bought them on Ebay under her name of Peerless Designs, they are all her own artwork and I use them many times for backing papers and inserts.

I printed the backing paper for the insert on which I printed a verse, I used card for the main card and vellum for the wrap, the design is the Fairy on a Swing. I also used a semi gloss photo paper for the main picture, I made several copies so I could decoupage the image.

After creating the main picture I cut a edge of the vellum with the new Fiskars edge punch Summer Days, and attached it to the base card with a bit of glue along the folded edge, then I used one of the new Edgeabilitie dies for the piece along the edge to the left, on top of this I mounted the picture.

I then printed a greeting on my computer and mounted onto a piece of the pink pearlescent card that I used for the edge, and cut the edge with my scallop scissors.

I then finished the picture with sakura punched out shapes, firstly I cupped them with a ball tool and stuck them onto the branch, into the centre I put black stickles and on top of this I used some of the Keepsake Crystal Blossoms. I then put more coloured stickles on the wings of the Fairy and on her garland around her head.

No comments: