Thursday 26 February 2009

A Card Just for You


Todays card again is created using one of the Gorguss Girls from Spring Stamp Set, and also one of the Whiff of Joy Accessories Stamps.

I stamped the Gorguss Sitting Girl on to a piece of white card, then I stamped the girl again onto a piece of paper, cut her out then used it as a mask to allow me to stamp the chair behind her. This is a bit tricky but with a bit of luck and several attempts, I eventually managed to get it right.

I then coloured her with my Derwent Watercolouring Pencils and again used a damp brush to take away the pencils lines and to make it look more like it had been painted. This was then cut out with one of my Nestabilitie Label dies, I also cut another one in the dark red card to mount her onto.

The base card is a piece of white A4 card folded in half, I have mounted on top of this a piece of the Red card, the second mount was a paler pink patterned paper and over this I have stuck a piece of patterned paper, before which I have punched both edges with one of my Martha Stewart Border Punches.

Across the centre I have stuck a piece of Pink Pearlescent card that I had put through my Cuttlebug Machine with a embossing folder, this particular one is the heart design. Around this card I have fixed a piece of Red Organza ribbon, then this card was stuck across the centre of the base card.

I then positioned the stamped image in the centre of this and printed a greeting onto semi-gloss photo paper, and cut this out also with one of the Nestabilitie Tag Dies. I punched a hole in the top and fed a smaller piece of the same colour organza ribbon through it and attached this to the right side of the stamped image.

On the other side I have stuck three of my Mulberry Flowers and on the bottom to the right I have stuck two heart shaped buttons.

2 comments:

Rach said...

Shirley this is wonderful. what a great idea to use the chair for her to sit in.. brilliant.
sorry that i haven't got round to emailing you, your email was lovely and informative sounds like aaron is doing the same kind of thing as your grandson. Aaron did ring me this morning bless he was an hour early.. better early than late.
thank you again for your kind thoughts and words. hugs rachxx

Sue said...

aww how gorgeous does she look sat there, beautiful, lovely papers, thank you so much for your lovely comments on my blog hun, very much appreciated, sue.xx