Thursday 5 February 2009

A Lady with Gardenia's


Todays card started as one idea and developed into another. I firstly took a piece of white Pearlescent Vellum and used a Flourishes background stamp to create with white embossing powder the background design I wanted.

This I layered onto a dark purple card which I then stapled together, around this I attached a wide purple organza ribbon. This was then mounted onto a pale mauve card and stuck to my base card.

The stamped Lady image was one I received with My Craft Studio Nouveau set of Cds and Stamps. I used a mauve Stazon inkpad and then painted it with my Marvy Le Plume pen. When dry I cut it around the edge and mounted this onto dark purple card and then onto the pale mauve, I used my scallop scissors around the edge. The greeting was also stamped in the same way as the lady but cut out with several of my Nestabilitie Rectangle Dies.

The Gardenia was created with my paper punches by cutting out six of the large Begonia petals, six of the large Ovid petals and three of the small ones, I used a pen to paint the markings in the centre. These were moulded and stuck to a large and small Snowflake, layered up and then arranged onto the card. The leaves were also punched from the Birch punch and arranged around the flowers to finish them off.

No comments: