Thursday 19 February 2009

Mums little Helper


Todays card is again made with the Whiff of Joy stamps, this one is called Melinda washing up, but Id like to think of her helping her mum, my own helper in the kitchen is my hubby he loves to load up the dishwasher and doesnt like me interferring as he calls it, and he also does the hand washing-up as well. Though I wont dream of giving him this card Im not sure he would approve.

I stamped the image onto white card and coloured it with my Derwent Intense watercolour pencils, after which I have cut it out with my Oval Nestabilitie die and mounted it onto a larger Dark Pink Card Scalloped diecut.

The base card is a dark pink A4 card folded in half and cut down to 6.50"x6"size, and then I have mounted a pale pearlescent card, on top of this I have laid a pattern paper. The two papers Ive used are from my Making Cards magazine, and the papers were created by Nancy Watts. I used the second patterned paper for the two down strips which were also matt and laid in the same way as the main one.

On top of the layers I have stuck my stamped image, and then stamped a greeting with my Just-Rite Stamps and again cut them out using my Circle and Scalloped Circle dies. I did use my cats eye inkpad around the edge of the stamped image and the greeting.

To finish of the card I have stuck two of the mulberry flowers that I bought from HobbyCrafts, I do like these flowers.

2 comments:

Rach said...

a sweet card Shirley beautiful papers.xx

sparklybitsblog said...

thats gourgous shirley i so wish i could stock these stamps i love them x mandy