Monday 30 March 2009

Mums Easter Card


I want to apologise for the photo as its got some glare on it, but Im not a photographer and it was the best one of many I took, so please forgive me.

Ive made this card for my mum, shes very religious and I want to make her one that had a bit of seriousness and a bit of glitz, so this is what Ive come up with.

I firstly stamped the cross image onto Acetate then I used my cosmic shimmer glitter powders and my Art Glitter dries clear glue adhesive on the front and left it to dry over night.

The base card is a piece of A3 Purple card folded in half and with a oval template Ive cut out the front. Ive then printed an insert to stick inside and stuck a piece of holographic gold card onto the front outside page of the insert.

Ive then positioned the cross behind the oval cut out and stuck it to the front page and the insert so as to keep it from moving around. On the front I have used my flourish punches and a rainbow piece of paper and then used my flower punches and a piece of rainbow vellum for the flowers. Ive also used a yellow pearl paint in the centre of the flowers.

To finish of the card Ive printed a greeting onto a piece of photo paper and stuck it to a piece of the purple card left from cutting out the oval. Ive run a gold pen around the edge of the greeting first before sticking to the purple mount, then with some foam tape Ive stuck it over the flourish pieces.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

a fabulous card for your mum Shirley, I am sure that she will love it. hugs rachxx

Marcea said...

I love this - it is gorgeous and your mum will adore it
-x-