Friday 20 March 2009

The Pink Rose Card


Ive been given the OK to post my first sample for you to see from my friends new Cd Secret Garden. As this Rose image is one of my own pencil drawings it has manipulated by Sarah, and the clever girl that she is, has created the most beautiful image you can see, I do so hope you like it.

Ive created the card as a cross over front, this has been done by using two pieces of A3 card, and these were first folded in half then cut to a square size, you then have to stick the two back pieces together and the front ones are then folded across the centre.

Ive used all Sarahs creative papers on this card even her decoupage sheet, Ive printed and mounted them onto the card and used silver peeloffs around the edge. I also printed a insert that has been surrounded by the silver peeloffs to, and Ive done the same on the back of the card.

I printed a greeting on my computer and cut it out with my oval Nestabilitie die, this was then stuck on one half of the front opening, on the other half, I have created a rose with my medium pear punch and a small circle, the leaves were created with oak leaf punch.

Ive mounted the decoupaged rose onto a piece of silver mirra board and stuck it halfway across the centre making sure that the other half will open easily, I also before mounting this wrapped a piece of pink organza ribbon around the centre and tied a bow, then mounted the decoupaged image over it.

5 comments:

Riet said...

woww Shirley,what a beautiful cards,l love them all.

have a nice weekend.
hugs Riet.x

Bev said...

OMW!! Shirley this is exquisite! So stunning - I'm off to take a look at your friends website x

Sue said...

Beautiful card Shirley, something on my blog for you, have lovely day, sue.x

sparklybitsblog said...

wow what a beautiful card shirley i love the colour x mandy

Anonymous said...

Shirley this is gorgeous, love that rose, well done. hugs rachxxx