Thursday 9 April 2009

A Very Happy Easter to You All, and a Thank You Card


Todays card is my way of thanking all my very special friends who I dont personnally know but feel that I do, like Rach, Sue, Bev, Julie, Poppy, Saskia, Enfys, Reit, Ria, Andrea, Marcea, Rozzy, Elizabeth, Carol D, Mandy, Janet, Debby, Linnie, Denise, Linda, Chris, Clairebelle, Debby, Marlene, Claudia and anyone else Ive forgotten and anyone who's visiting for the first time THANK YOU, I carnt give you all an award so this to me is the next best thing.

The card is a A4 piece of white card folded in half, for the first layer I have put a piece of Mauve pearlescent card, on top of this I have put a lighter piece of mauve pearlescent card on which I have used my roller stamp and a multi coloured inkpad. The third layer is another piece of mauve pearlescent paper on which I have used a Martha Stewart border punch.

Down the centre I have layered another piece of the lighter mauve pearlescent card, and the last layer Ive used an even darker piece of mauve card but this one is a matt one. The heart image was one of my Impression Obsession Stamps which I have used with the multi coloured inkpad, and then punched it out with my Heart Nestabilitie Die, and then the Scalloped one for the mount.

Ive then mounted this heart with foam onto the centre card positioned at the top, and stamped a Flourishes greetings onto a piece of white card with again the multi coloured inkpad, this I have cut out and mounted this onto some mauve pearlescent card, then positioned this below the heart at the bottom.

To finish of the card I have used a ribbon across the centre and made up a Multi Mauve flower with a silver spacer and pearl brad, and for an extra flourish I have used a heart bead on some jump rings and attached it to the brad, this was then stuck to the card at the top left hand side.
If you would like to know what the words say its, "Friendship is Precious not only in the shade, best in the Sunshine of Life" thank you so much for your continued support and I would also like to wish you all a very Happy Easter as well.

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

awwww sweetie you are so sweet. your card is a beauty as always.
have a wonderful Easter.
Hugs rachxxx

Anonymous said...

Aww hun, thank you so much! it's a gorgeous card and what a lovely idea to wish your virtual friends and visitors a happy Easter..
Same to you sweetie!
Hugs, Marlene x

Poppy said...

Thankyou Shirley that is lovely of you.Have a very Happy Easter.
love Poppy.

rozzyb said...

Thanks you sooo much for the lovely comments Shirley and for dedicating your beautiful card to your online friends, thats so kind of you. its a beautiful card.
I'm pleased you like my 'sketch' card... i have been learning to do scrapbook pages to them too... its like a new world! lol! In the past the cards just 'pulled themselves together' so to speak. I have just a couple of weeks over at The Crafty Pad...so keep a watch out and you'll see a couple more .. may not be working to sketches though, but its good experience working alongside others
Wishing you a wonderful Easterhugs rozzy xxx

Denise said...

Thank You! You are so Sweet! Love the card, and that the charm you have hanging is such a special touch.
Happy Easter!
Hugs,
Denise

Donnas Den said...

Shirley,

Thank you for your kind comments on my blog. I hope you have a wonderful Easter.

Donna

Unknown said...

hi shirley thankyou your card is rely lovely Happy Easter love liz

Janet said...

Aww thank you Shirley, it's a beautiful easter card. Thank you for all the lovely comments you leave on my blogs. I hope you and your family have a wonderful Easter!
Hugs Janet X

Marcea said...

Aaawww that is the nicest thing ever hun .... thankyou so much :o)
You are such a lovely person and I love visiting you and also love reading your kind comments
Have a fabulous Easter
-x-

Bev said...

And a very happy Easter to too my friend. Love your card, the colours are exquisite x

debby4000 said...

Fabulous card, love the heart and all it details and what a fab colour too. What lovely sweet things to say Thank You.
luv
Debby

Unknown said...

hi shirley i hope you are ok thank you for your comments you left i have bean with mandy to day at the craft afternoon x liz