I never seem to get my photo's straight, it doesnt matter how many times I take a photo they always seem to come out crooked, mind you I have to take my glasses of to take them and that maybe the reason why.
Todays card is for the Stampin for the Weekend Challenge, and this week its a sketch by Vicki, I hope she wont be cross for me taking a bit of licence with the sketch, as it seems Ive made a bit of a mistake with the length of my image mount. I have printed one of the Mo Manning Digi stamps and coloured it with my copic pens. If you ladies havent been to see these gorgeous images you certainly are missing a treat, so if you'd like to see what Im talking about click on the side bar tab and take a look.
The base card is a 8"x 8" inch white card, on top of this I have layered up a piece of red card and one of the papers from the Nitwit Downloads, this one has a heart design, the second layer I have used a pale mauve card and a second patterned paper this one is a pretty leaf pattern. The third mount is a round one cut out with my Nestabilitie dies, a red pattern paper for the centre and a red scalloped circle for the mount, these were then stuck to the base card, over the mauve layer.
Ive then stuck my mounted image at a angle as required in the sketch, but I did firstly distressed the edge with some red ink, rather over doing it, and of course its smudged a bit, so I do apologise about that. Ive then cut some oval mounts again with the Nestabilitie dies, and stamped a greeting on the white one, I also run the edge around with some of the same red ink.
The next thing Ive done is create three flowers with my Hydrangea Petals, two tone pink/red ones, and a purple one, before sticking them to the left hand bottom corner I have stuck some punched out leaves to the card with silicone glue then popped the flowers on top. Ive then punched out some flourishes with yet a further piece of patterned paper, and arranged them in the two top corners, before sticking some little gems amount the curls.
Ive actually redone this post and tried to correct the photo, but its still not as clear as it should be, probably because the original drawing was in brown. Sorry about this.