Sunday 20 September 2009

Just Magnolia Challenge - Bev's Sketch


Again I have used my Challenge to create another Halloween card for my grandchildren, this one is for my second eldest grandson, and Im hoping that it will suit his age, hes now 16 and at College, so it needed to be something appropriate.

Ive used another of the Tilda Halloween images, this one is of Edwin with his Trick & Treat bag, Ive then masked him and stamped the spiders web behind him and the mushrooms along the bottom. Then Ive used my copic pens to colour him, and I even used one of the florescent ones for his coat. Ive then cut him out with my rotatrim and mounted him onto a piece of orange card, for a change I used my sewing machine to zigzag around the edge. The sentiment is one I printed of my computer and Ive mounted this in the same was and again used the same sewing stitch around the edge. Both of these were then mounted onto a piece of black card, and around the end Ive used a textured knitting wool in multi colours.

The base card is a 8"x 8" white card with a first layer of black card, and again Ive used Donna's Bearly Mind Extreme Cd Vol.III Halloween design papers, the first one has lots of spooks, and cats, bats, hats, stars and leaves all over, this was stuck to the first mount, and on top of this Ive used a second of the papers, this was made up of squares of orange and white with stitching effect around each of the squares. I then used my spidersweb border punch along the bottom and stuck this on top of the base layer, and my mounted image was then stuck with some foam strips across the top of both.

To finish of I found a button which I thought would look good and stuck it to the bottom on the left. Before I forget, I might not be able to post a card for a couple of days as I have some sewing to do for one of my friends, so wish me luck with that, Ive got several pairs of mens trousers to let out and a pair of curtains to take up.

23 comments:

Saskia said...

Beautiful card.... the colours are fantastic!!!

Saskia :)

Rach said...

fantastic card Shirley.. good luck with the sewing.. hugs rachxx

dolcreations said...

This card is awesome. I love how you masked Edwin to place the spider web in the corner, what a great idea! You have done an awesome job!
Christine

Unknown said...

That's gorgeous Shirley. I love Halloween cards - but I can never find time to make them myself usually.

CraftyC said...

What a lovely card Shirley, love the image and great embellishments. Enjoy your sunday
Clairexx

Christine said...

Hi Shirley this is great for a young man..love it all...have D/loaded scal & now playing with shapes etc..you'll not see me for days at this rate...lots to take in..LOL.

hugs Christine xx

brenda said...

Hi Shirley

Love the colours here, but how can little Edwin be a vampire, he's so cute. Or is that his deep hidden secret ?

Hope you and all yours are well.

B x

Denise Clark said...

What a terrific and fun card, Vicki! Love it!

Nikki Fairbairn said...

What a fantastic card Shirley, I love your scene and gorgeous colouring, Have a great evening, Hugs, Nikki x

mueppi said...

This card is gorgeous Shirley!
I love this halloween image and all details!!
I wish you a wonderful monday and send a lot of hugs my dear
Gisela

debby4000 said...

Oh this is fabulous, beautiful work with Edwin.
luv
Debby

Donnas Den said...

Great card Shirley. Love the one before as well. Your grandchildren are so lucky.

Bye for now,

Donna

cats whiskers said...

This is really sweet dear, love that edwin image and little scene and your colouring is fabulous, sorry for the flying visit
Hugs Jacqui x

Denise said...

Wow Shirley,
This is a gorgeous card!!

Marcea said...

what a perfect halloween card hun - totally fabulous
-x-

Vanessa @ See Vanessa Craft said...

So cute! Your grandson will love it!

Mandy said...

Shirley this is stunning. Love the embellies, the fabulous scene you have created and your colouring is beautiful.
Good luck with the sewing
hugs Mandy xx

Spyder said...

I love your spider web boarder punch!! Fantastic card! Love all the detail(Wish I had some crafty shops near me!!I have to ask, wait months for them to order stuff and then they tell me, 'can't get that') Fab-fab-fabulous card, love your image and the cobweb! I'm sure he'll love his card!
((Lyn))

Paula said...

Wow this is such a fabulous Halloween card Shirley all the details are just fantastic.
Paula xxxx

Kim Dellow said...

Wowsers Shirley love this card, very spooky :) Have fun with the sewing project. Kim

Janet said...

Another fabby Halloween card!xx

Bev said...

Such a brilliant card Shirley, love the spiders web and the adorable image. Brilliant!! xx

Carole said...

Beautiful Edwin card...love Halloween cards!
Hugs
Carole x