Friday 1 January 2010

One Card for Two Challenges - Mo's and Cute Card Thursday Challenge


This card is to cover two Challenges the first one is Mo's Challenge, "New Beginnings" and the other is the Cute Card Thursday Challenge, "Sketchtastic". Ive used one of Mo's freebie images for this one, as it clearly shows Bella and Bronte enjoying the New Year, and the card was made up using the sketch from the Cute Card Thursday Challenge. Ive printed the image out onto white card and coloured it with my copic pens, after which I have cut it out with my rotatrim and used a pink inkpad to distress the edges, and then mounted it onto a piece of pink pearlescent card. The sentiment is one of Dovecraft ones and this was stamped also onto white card and then cut out and distressed again around the edge with the same pink inkpad and then mounted onto another piece of pink card.
The base card is a 8"x 8" white card, with a first layer of blue card, and one of three papers Ive used from the Bearly Mine Extreme Designs Cd, the first paper is a blue one with stars and explosions on which was stuck on a piece of blue card, and for the second mount Ive used a piece of pink card and a pink tartan patterned paper, this was positioned down the middle of the first layer, and for the third mount Ive used my last patterned paper a blue tartan design on another piece of blue card and this was stuck across the base layers towards the bottom.
Ive then stuck a lace strip around the card from top to bottom over the middle of the pink layer, this was attached at the back of the first layer, which was then stuck to my base card. Ive then positioned my mounted image onto my card towards the middle and my greeting was stuck to the right hand side at the bottom.
To finish of Ive created a flower from some of my left over paper, these were punched out with my punches, moulded with my ball tool and through the centre I have put a gem brad and a spacer, from this I have hung a teddy bear charm. Then Ive positioned a ring of different fern leaves before sticking my flower on top.

27 comments:

Unknown said...

A beautiful card Shirley, the image is really cute. I love the colours too!! Happy New Year,
hugs Angela x

Mandy said...

Oh Shirley you've done it again hunny this is another beautiful card, love it.
You aren't that far from me then, with any luck we may meet up one day at a craft show
love and hugs
Mandy xx

Riet said...

So gorgeous card,i love your image and papers.
So gorgeous papers.

Hugs Riet.xx

Caryn said...

What a gorgeous card - great take on the challenge this week.

Wishing you all the best for 2010 and hope to see you again over at Mo's Challenge Blog.

Hugs,
Caryn xxx

SYLVIA-ANNE said...

This is so beautiful Shirley - love the image and the colour scheme. Fab charm too! Wishing you a happy and healthy 2010.
Love and hugs, Sylvia xxxxx

Kirsten...x said...

Stunning card Shirley...

Love the image and the colours and the little charm is so cute...x

Hugs and a happy New Years kirsten...x

coldwaters2 said...

Oh wow,wow,wow Shirley this is totally awesome the colours, the image and the design is quite wonderful, I have spent ages just looking at the detail gaining much needed inspiration lol.

Hugs
Lorraine x

Dawn B. said...

Shirley this is so sweet. I love the colors you chose.. Great job.. Thanks for joining us at Mo's this week.

shulsart said...

Oh, this is adorable. I love the soft look the pink shading gives to it. Good luck and thanks for joining us at Mo's challenge blog.

Anonymous said...

what a beautiful card!
Hugs
Elma

mueppi said...

Oh..... Shirley
what a lovely card again with such a sweet image!
I wish you all the best of the New Year!
Take care hun
Big hugs Gisela

Saskia said...

Oooooh.... lovely card, so sweet!!

Shirley, I wish you a Happy New Year, full of love and creativity!!!

Sweet greetings, Saskia :)

Melodie said...

Hi Shirley,
the card is once again beautiful. The little guy with the Pampers is also too cute ..
Hugs
Melodie

Elaine L. said...

Wonderful card! I love the blue plaid DP. Good luck in this week's Mo's Challenge.

Dragonlady said...

I love this card Shirley. The image is so cute.

Good luck on the challenges.

Hugs Ali x

Spyder said...

Lovely Lovely card Shirley... I love the colours and of course Mo's image is just toooooo cute!!! Can't wait to start crafting again and as soon as my craft room and my stupid finger are back in order there'll be no stopping me!
((Lyn)))

Spyder said...

""Happy New Year!!""

Christine said...

Hi Shirley thanks for your good wishes & am passing some on to you
well done on your GD post well deserved..fabby image & such a fun card love it.

luv n Hugs Christine xx

Marcea said...

Happy New Year hunny - loving your sweet card, how cute is that image!!!! Thanks for all the lovely visits you have been paying me - I do appreciate them :o)
xxx

Wishcraft said...

Ooh such a sweet card! Love the image and colours and that teddy charm is so cute :o) Lisa x

Lisa said...

Stunning card Shirley! Love the colours and the teddy charm is so sweet.

Lisa x

cats whiskers said...

Oh Shirley dear this is just fantastic hun truly stunning card, what a great introduction to the New Year
Hugs Jacquix

debby4000 said...

Oh this is fabulous, love that image.
luv
Debby

Unknown said...

Another fab card Shirley, I so love coming over here.....I really enjoyed my BinB, and now Brian is making a home made Chicken and Mushroom pie for Tea....he decided that although I am at home all day, I still need a holiday....how cool is he.....that is my Xmas present from him, much better than perfume....LOL....the snow here in Edinburgh is Dire, but a path has been cleared to my shed on a daily basis, out off salt now, as are all the shops around here, I can see the Cat Litter getting used next..LOL....hope you had a fabulous Festive Season my dear friend and I will never, ever, forget what you did for Nikki....Much Love Avril xxxx

Karen Mortensen said...

Gorgeous card Shirley. Love the colours you have used and that image is a cutie. Fab work!!

Happy New Year :-) xx

Sue said...

Happy New Year my friend, hope you had a good one,gorgeous card hun, beautiful image, scrummy papers, sue.xx

Annie said...

love the pretty New Year card! thanks for joining in the fun with us at CCT this week. hugs, annie x