Monday, 18 October 2010

One Card for Two Challenges

Well Im going mad today as I have something special being posted tomorrow so I hope you wont mind me posting two cards for a change, anyway this card has been created for two challenges Crafters Companions "Bevs Sketch" and Wild Orchids "Pastels" and Ive used this really gorgeous Adorables image from Jayne Nesterenko, shes so sweet that I couldnt give up this oportunity to make a card for one of our granddaughters.
Anyway Ive stamped her onto smooth white card and coloured her with my copic pens then used the circle die to cut her out, the mount is one of the new Lacey Circle ones and Ive done this in blue Pearlescent card, though I didnt quite get her central and of course when you are using foam tape theres no give in adjusting it. Anyway the sentiment is yet another from the same set of stamps and this was cut with an oval die, and mounted on a scalloped mount in the same coloured card.
The base card is a 7"x 7" white card with a first layer of blue card and one of three papers from the Adorables CD, this first one is all over lace pattern and I did adjust the colour a bit as the one they offer was a bit pale and not quite the right blue, the second mount is a mauve one with a pretty parcel pattern paper on, and the third a spot pattern on. Over the top Ive wrapped a piece of light lace with a ribbon threaded through the middle and created a bow to stick on top, this was attached to the back of the first mount before sticking it all to my card.
The mounted image was then stuck as the sketch requires, and the sentiment placed at the top on the right, the flower sprays were created from several colours and sizes of roses plus buds and some gypsaphilia with some punched out fern leaves were then stuck on the card around the mount.
This card is to be entered in the following Challenges:-

21 comments:

Donna said...

Wow Shirley, you're on a roll today, two cards and it's a lovely card too, love the blues, and your flower arrangements are very very nice. Hope you're having a fun day.
hugs
Donna xx

Riet said...

Wonderful card Shirley,I love the image and the colours.
So beautiful papers and the details.

Hugs Riet.x

Kim Piggott said...

What a sweet image!
Beautiful card Shirley!
hugs
kim x

Stef H (Glitterbabe) said...

absolutely beautiful shirley! wow!

nah, my arm is just from being in the typing position for alot of hours and then i sleep with it under my head. by the time i have to straighten it out, it's a little painful but nothing i can't live with and something that definitely goes away after a few days. but i thank you for your concern.

big hugs :)

Christa said...

great card shirley, love the shimmering hugs christa

Shirl said...

Brilliant as always Shirley. Hugs, Shirl

Sue said...

Hi ya Shirley
aww another gorgeous card, fab colouring, beautiful papers & embelies, sue,x

PatR said...

Gorgeous card so very pretty. Thanks for joining the Crafters Companion challenge this month. xx

Rosis Stöberseite said...

Shirley, what have you again for two beautiful cards crafted. The motive Lily of the Valley is so sweet.

Do not think I've forgotten you, right now I have a lot of stress since the Christmas bazaars start now.
Hugs
Rosi

Wishcraft said...

Gorgeous card - love the papers you've used and the sweet image :o) Lisa x

dolcreations said...

Oh Shirley...this is so adorable this card.You always pick the cutest images and make the most beautiful and sweet cards!!!!

Kim said...

Such a gorgeous card Shirley! I absolutely love everything about this and that ever so cute image! Thanks for joining us at WOC!
Hugs~ Kim

Patricia St Martin said...

Shirley, another stunning card. you have one of the new spellbinders, I have been looking at then give your card a nice look. you layout is really nice, love the blues and the images is really cute.

Melodie said...

Fabolous card, dear Shirley, I love the shimmering very much. The image is also sooo cute.
Hugs
Melodie

Mandy said...

Hi Shirley,
Gorgeous card such a sweet image and beautifully coloured as always.
Mandy xx

Pamela said...

Beautiful card Shirley, stunning.

Pam x

Elborgi said...

fabolous card- nice colours
Hugs
Elma

Elaine said...

Beautiful Shirley.
Two cards in one day! I feel I've been productive if I make two cards in a week!
Love the colour combo, blues and lilacs are my favourites.

Fab candy too Shirley.
I bet the past 2 years has just flown by. My blog will be 6 months old at the end of October, and I've met such wonderful people and made some lovely friends too.

Take care
Love Elaine xx

Kerrie said...

Wow Shirley another stunning card! .. so blogging for two years, chatting to cyber space... technology, its a wonderful thing. Kerrie x

Berenice R. said...

Gorgeous card! :)

mueppi said...

Hello my dear
your card is so wonderful again!
I`m speekless! Is that allright?
Have a great Tuesday!
Hugs and love Gisela