Tuesday, 16 November 2010

A Card for the Wild Orchid Challenge

Good Morning Ladies, well the sun is out again this morning but its still cold and was frosty again this morning, my hubby could here someone scrapping the ice of their cars and was he glad he didnt have to, being as hes now retired there are only a few days a week he needs to go and do that, so thats one of the good things for being a so called man of leisure.
Anyway todays card has been created for this weeks Wild Orchids Challenge "Blue Christmas" I seem to have a very high proportion of blue cards this year to send out, but they are really very appropriate for this time of year so hopefully my receiptants wont mind, and Ive used this new image from Magnolia and its of Tilda carrying her presents. Ive stamped and coloured her with my copic pens before cutting her out with a rectangle die, and a scalloped one for the mount. The sentiment is one of the fabulous WOJ seal stamps and this has been stamped and mounted in the same way.
The base card is a 6"x 6" white card with a first layer of blue card and one of the fabulous papers from Donnas "Christmas Dreams" digi paper set, dont forget that she has a fabulous 15% discount on her website at the momemt, I absolutely adore this design and I dont like covering it up to much, anyway Ive positioned my mounted image on the left and my sentiment at the bottom.
To finish of Ive created a flower spray with a large curly rose and two cherry blossoms plus some punched out holly leaves and berrys, these were stuck to the card with some silicone glue.
This card is to be entered in the following Challenges:-

32 comments:

Lisa said...

Wow Shirley this is stunning! Fab backing paper and gorgeous flowers. I love it!

Lisa x

coldwaters2 said...

Stunning card Shirley I love the blues at Christmas, this one is particularly beautiful with the papers, flowers and of course Tilda it looks amazing.
Hugs
Lorraine x

Crafty Chris said...

Stunning card Shirley I have been trying to do a blue xmas card for 2 days now and just cant get it together, Tilda and the flowers are gorgeous.
Chris x

Autumn Mist said...

Beautiful card. I've made a few with WOC flowers and think they're fabulous.

Mandy said...

Hi Shirley,
This is gorgeous,love the blue theme and Tilda and the papers are lovely...Congrats on your Guest DT so well deserved....
Mandy xx

Elborgi said...

Such pretty card
Hugs
elma

Doreen said...

Simply stunning Shirley.xxx

Stefanie`s Bastelecke said...

I love your card, all is fantastic, the little girl, the colours, the whole card !!!

Hugs
Stefanie

Ms. Jen said...

So soft and beautiful. I love it Shirley!!

Janette said...

Really loving the blue christmas cards Shirley, have done a few myself, this is fab, love the frame around your image, so pretty.xx

Bella´s Bastelecke said...

a very wonderful card and a very nice colours....i like ti....

Hugs
Judith

Carolyn said...

I am not usually a color blue paper person but lately everything I fall in love with for winter is blue. Such a cute card. tfs

Patty said...

Shirley,
Thanks for the heads up, I did enter for the DT we will see what happens, there are so many talented ladies out there! Speaking of talent, this is one of the most beautiful cards on the net. I love every detail. I think this is one of my favorite Magnolia images. She is adorable. Fantastic job!

Christine said...

Hi Shirley this is one awesome creation loving the blues this yr..fab colouring great image & layout..and the lovely DP's..



smiles Christine xx

Linda w said...

Fabulous card Shirley, the colours are so beautiful, can't imagine any one complaining on receipt of this one. Cute image,and love how you've coloured her. Hugs lin

chris said...

Hi Shirley,this is gorgeous, love it very much, hope you are well love chris xx

Sue said...

Hi ya hun
a beautiful card, fabulous colour work as always, lovely papers & embelies, sue,x

Riet said...

So beautiful card Shirley,I love the image and the colours.
So gorgeous papers.

Hugs Riet.x

Pinkllilac said...

Oh wow Shirly I an so in love with this card, it's just stunning and love your colouring and your flowers are beautiful, I could look at it all day.
Hugs Linda

gina g said...

Hi Shirley this is a beautiful card i love the layout too. luv gina xx

Melodie said...

OH, Shirley, how wonderfully you have formed the card. I like the colours very well and the coloring is fantastic.
Hugs
Melodie

debby4000 said...

Love your adorable card Shirley.
luv
Debby

jennik said...

Очень,очень красивая открытка! Настоящая рождественская сказка!

mueppi said...

Hello Shirley
your card is so winderful and I love this cute image and the colours in blue!
Have a great day!
Hugs and love Gisela

jennik said...

Very, very beautiful card! This Christmas tale!

Josephine said...

That paper is just lovely - the colours and the subtlety of it! A beautiful card.

Claudia´s kleine Bastelwelt said...

Hi Shirley, your Card is so beautiful!!!
I like your Blog and have anythink for you on my Blog.....

Claudia

maddy hill said...

Ilove the soft blues ! love your card and that little dotted heart is adorable !
love
maddy x

Cami said...

BEAUTIFUL!!! Oh Shirley, this card is so stunning! The shades of blue are so soft and lovely. Your coloring is gorgeous and everything is so well put together! Hugs, Cami

SYLVIA-ANNE said...

Another fabulous card Shirley - love the blue theme and the gorgeous Tilda image.Beautiful flowers too!
Love and hugs, Sylvia xxxx

Rainmac said...

Absolutely stunning Shirley, I love blue Christmas cards x

Stampin Mindy said...

Your flowers and papers are beautiful. Great image!

Thanks for joining us at Wild Orchid Craft Challenge this week.

Hugs, Mindy