Monday, 29 November 2010

A Card for the Wild Orchid Challenge

Good Afternoon Ladies, Im so sorry to be late today but Ive  been rather busy this morning and got rather behind in lots of things, anyway the weather here in Gloucestershire isnt at all nice, and although we dont have much snow it is cold, foggy with some very dark skies whether this means we are in for some snow later on this evening Ive no idea, but I would certainly be happy if it didnt bother but we shall just have to put up with it if we do get it.
Anyway todays card has been created for this weeks Wild Orchids Challenge "Old Fashioned Christmas" unfortunately I dont seem to have any stamp that would really go for what I would call Victorian I thought that this LOV one would probably just about do, Ive stamped her onto white card then coloured her with my copic pens before cutting her out with the mega curved rectangle die from Nestabilities, I then drew around the die to create the mount, the sentiment was cut out with the ribbon tag and Ive cut around the edge of it to stick it on another punched out one in red card to create the tag which I threaded red ribbon through ready to wrap around my card.
The base card is a 6"x 6" white card with a first layer of red card and one of two papers from Donna's Bearlymine "Christmas Delights" digi papers, I used a vintage looking rose one for my first layer and Ive used the Tim Holtz distressing tool around the edges, for the second paper Ive used a musical design which has a Christmas Carol printed on it, this was cut in a strip and again Ive used the distressing tool around all the edges. Before sticking it to the first layer Ive cut a piece of lace run it through my Xyron machine then stuck it to the card then my second paper along the edge of it.
I then postioned my mounted image in the middle with the ribbon tag below it which I attached to the back of the first mount. To finish of Ive created a flower spray with two sizes of red roses from Wild Orchid and some rose buds, Ive attached it to the card with some silicone glue and some punched out fern leaves. The very last thing is three pearls that have been positioned down the left hand side at the top.
This card is to be entered in the following Challenges:-

41 comments:

Patty said...

Shirley, you have done a beautiful job creating a little charmer! I love how you framed this image...that is the perfect frame and your coloring is as usual....perfect!

brenda said...

Hi Shirley

This one is gorgeous.

Sorry not visited in a few days, optic neuritis again so computer limited to short bursts.

B x

Doreen said...

Wow one gorgeous card I love the lace.xxx

Crafty Chris said...

hi Shirley, just back I had a fantastic day and spoilt rotten, Thank-you for your B'day wishes this morning, your card is gorgeous and so is that lace, a beautiful image and flowers.
Chris x

Rainmac said...

Ooohhh Shirley, this is lurvely! I too am fed up of the weather and we haven't really had any snow yet, roll on the spring ;-)

craftycrafter said...

Beautiful card once again Shirley Ilove the way you have framed the little girl keep warm love Dorothy xx

Rosis Stöberseite said...

WOW what a cute image and your card is a poem.
Hugs
Rosi

Christine said...

Hi Shirley gorgeous creation love the lace & colour combo, if you want some of our snow be my guest LOADS OF THE WHITE STUFF

smiles Christine xx

Sue said...

Hi ya hun
aww a beautiful card, fabulous colouring, pretty papers & design, luv the flowers, sue,x

Auntie Em said...

I just love everything about this card! Flowers, ribbon, PP, lace, pearls, colours, glitter and especially the cute little image. So much to see yet not crowded.
Thank you for sharing! :o)

sallysbitz said...

This is stunning, just love everything about it xx

Sadilla said...

HI dear
beautiful card! I like the image, and the lace is perfect and smart! =)
hugs
Sadia

sundownerin said...

ohhhhhhhhhh, cute!!!!!
i love the glimmer!!!

hugs

rozzy said...

what a fabulous card, perfect for this cold horrid weather!! actually its all looks really pretty here from what i can see out of the window. I dare not venture out of the house in case I slip. Do you fancy some of our snow lol…. Hope you don't get any.
Keep warm and safe
love and hugs rozzy xx

Stef H (Glitterbabe) said...

oh i definitely want her hat!!! gorgeous!

hugs :)

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

What a sweet image and gorgeous coloring Shirley!! I just love the sparkle and the details!!
hugs,
Chris

Shirl said...

Hi Shirley.
Love all the detail. It is beautiful.
Hugs, Shirl x

Claudia´s kleine Bastelwelt said...

What a beautyful card and a sweet image.

Hugs Claudia

Mandy said...

Hi Shirley,
A lovely vintage feel card,love the image and the papers are perfect....Stay safe and warm...
Mandy xx

Elborgi said...

gorgeous card Shirley!
Hugs
Elma

Melodie said...

Wow, this is so beautiful. I love the glimmer very much.
Hugs
Melodie

debby4000 said...

Gorgeous card Shirley, love the beautiful image.
luv
Debby

Jessie said...

Adorable card Shirley!

Riet said...

So beautiful card Shirley,I love the image and the colours.
So gorgeous papers.

Hugs Riet.x

Chris said...

Absolutely beautiful Shirley! Such a gorgeous stamp and colouring with this pretty design. Sounds like we've now got your weather, we had our first snow today and I hope it goes very soon :). Hugs, Chris xxx

chris said...

Hi shirley wow whata special card, forgive me for not coming to see you so often, just cant seem to get on top of things.
hope you are well love and hugs chris xx

Angela said...

Shirley this is lovely, the glitter looks fabulous and the flowers are a perfect touch! I'm afraid I'm way behind with making my cards this year.

My car is booked in the garage to be checked on saturday - thanks for your advice,
Angela x

Mandy said...

Beautiful card Shirley, so sweet and I love the sparkle.
Keep warm hunny
love and hugs Mandy xx

Bella´s Bastelecke said...

that is so cute and i like the colours you have use.....

Hugs
Bella

mueppi said...

Another wonderful card, Shirley and I love this cute image!
Hugs and love Gisela

Janette said...

Gorgeous card Shirley, have just seen your first card for Mo's dream team...wow..xx

LORi said...

Gorgeous Sweet Shirley!! Big Hugs - LORi

Linda w said...

Really beautiful work, love the spray of flowers and the glitter.....and the lace, and oh just everything lol. Great colouring as usual, and congrats for making GDT for Mo Challenges. Hugs lin

CraftyC said...

This is gorgeous Shirley and beautifully coloured. Hope you are well!
Clairexx

Anonymous said...

I just added your web page to my favorites. I like reading your posts. Thanks!

Sue said...

Hi hun
no paper piecing done on me owl its a digi one, a free kit from The Creative Cottage, so nice n quick n easy, lol, sue,x

Jules said...

Hi Shirley

This is so lovely.

Beautiful flowers and image but the lace is the real finishing touch. I love it!!

Love Jules xx

Claire Phillips said...

Gorgeous image and those flowers are stunning - fab card. Cheers Claire x

Anonymous said...

О! Dulce sitio web, yo no hubiera venido a través de su blog antes en las búsquedas! Llevar adelante la obra excepcional!

Anonymous said...

It was a very nice idea! Just wanna say thank you for the information you have shared. Just continue writing this kind of post. I will be your loyal reader. Thanks again.alfred angelo.

Anonymous said...

I recently came accross your blog and have been reading along. I thought I would leave my first comment. I dont know what to say except that I have enjoyed reading. Nice blog..