Tuesday, 15 March 2011

Bearlymine Designs Six Challenge - "A Mothers Day" Card

Its amazing how quickly these weeks are speeding by and we are already onto our 6th Challenge and this one is being hosted by "Gina"  one of my fellow very talented design team members, if you click on her name you will see what I mean. The theme for this fortnight is "A Mothers Day" card, and we are being sponsered this time by "Whimsey Stamps" and also by the following companies:-


What a fabulous choice of prizes and Im sure you will be over the moon to win one of them I know I would be. I would also like to thank all those people who took part in the last Challenge we had over 150 entrants and Ive a feeling this one will be just as popular, who hasnt got to create a Mothers Day card for their Mum.
Donna has a brand new Digi Paper "Lacey Vintage Dreams" Set out now, do please pop over to her webshop and see it for yourself:-
Anyway heres my DT card for this Challenge:-
I have used this sweet image of "Grace with Roses" from Whimsey Digi Stamps and you will find her here
isnt she lovely, its one of the Chrissy's images and Ive used one of the coordinating digi sentiments to go with her. I stamped onto white card and used my copic pens to colour her, I then cut her out completely and mounted her onto a piece of white card that had been put through my cuttlebug with a swirl embossing folder, I also used a pink inkpad on it to bring the swirls up, this was then mounted onto two cut out Die-namic Doilies that have been of set from each other. The sentiment was cut out with my heart Nestabilities.
The base card is a 6"x 6" white card with a first mount of pink pearlescent card and one of two papers from Donna's Bearlymine Design Papers the first one is an all over red base with swirls around the edge, on top of this I have put another piece of the same pink card on which I have used a deep heart border punch on both sides, then on top of this is a pink background paper with a white heart pattern on and I used the same heart border punch from Martha Stewart, both the papers come from the "Love Dreams" digi paper set.
Around the middle I have wrapped a pink organza ribbon that has a satin edge to it, and then positioned my mounted image in the middle with the sentiment at the bottom on the left hand side. To finish of I created a flower spray with several sizes of roses from Wild Orchid Crafts and some punched out fern leaves, this was arranged in the bottom right hand corner. I will be giving this card to my Mother in Law for Mothers day, I hope she will like it.
Now that youve seen my card I do hope you will pop over to the Challenge Blog Bearlymine and see for yourself what the rest of the Design Team have created and Im sure it will inspire you to take part in this Challenge with the chance of winning one of those fabulous prizes.
This card is to be entered in the following Challenges:-

26 comments:

Doreen said...

A stunning card Shirley.xxx

Crafty Chris said...

Lovely card Shirley she is a cute little lady.
Chris x

Riet said...

So beautiful card Shirley,I love the image and the colours.
So gorgeous papers and the flowers.

Hugs Riet.xx

Bella´s Bastelecke said...

Wow your card is fabulous!
Love your gorgeous colors and such pretty papers and detail!

Hugs
Judith

patriziawithaz said...

A beautiful pink delight Shirley - a gorgeous creations. I love that you give all the details for making it and I want to thank you again for the tutorial on the out of the box technique - I have done it thanks to you and I hope to put a card together with the result soon xx

Michelle said...

Gorgeous card! Such a sweet image and your colouring looks fabulous. I really love the way the image is overlapping the circle.

Thank you for linking up to Make It Monday this week.

Michelle :-)

Janette said...

Awww, Shirley, this is so sweet and the sentiment is perfect.xx

Rainmac said...

Such an adorbale card Shirley, beautiful colouring and details x

Sue said...

Hi ya Shirley
as ever a beautiful card, fab colour work, pretty papers & embelies, sue,x

Pops x said...

Hi sweetie, this is just gorgeous i love the image, fab colours too hugs pops x x x

Audrey said...

What a gorgeous card Shirley!

Elborgi said...

wonderful shirley
hugs elma

mueppi said...

Hello Shirley
your card is fantastic and I love the colours and the pretty papers!
with love Gisela

Stef H (Glitterbabe) said...

oh wow shirley! this is gorgeous! i just found bearly mine papers and they are beautiful!

hugs :)

Crafty Chris said...

Forgot to say earlier, Thanks for joining us at DCD.
Chris x

Kim Piggott said...

Wow!
Such a beautiful creation!
hugs
kim x

Babs said...

Wow Shirley this a gorgeous card,such a beautiful image really pretty...

Babs x

Mina said...

wow Shirley shes areal sweetie...perfect colouring of her too
Mina xxx

Elaine said...

Gorgeous Shirley, as always.
Such a sweet image and you've coloured her so beautifully. Love the papers and the sentiment too.

Take care Sweetheart

Love Elaine xxx

Patty said...

This is so beautiful. Your cards are so amazing! I love each one of them. You inspire me to do better work!

debby4000 said...

Wonderful, adorable card Shirley.
luv
Debby

coldwaters2 said...

WOW this is stunning Shirley I so love that image of Grace, I also adore the colours and flowers a beautiful card.
Hugs
Lorraine x

Mummylade said...

what an adorable card!! Thank you so much for entering the DCD challenge and good luck!

Tracy said...

A cute and pretty creation. Thanks for joining Die Cut Dreams challenge with this great entry, good luck.
Happy crafting
Tracy x

papertrails leaver said...

such a lovely card! Thanks for joining us at Crafty Creations for our mother's day challenge. Good luck! :-) Amy

Vixykins said...

Gorgeous card Shirley! Thank You for entering The Stampman Challenge, hope to see you again x