Friday, 13 May 2011

A Card for LOV and Wild Orchid Challenges

Well its been a right old day hasnt it, no Blogger for hours and Im wondering how many of you like me are still missing some of your posts, anyway Im going to take a risk and write this post and hopefully publish it when Ive finished. Todays card has been created for the Lili of the Valleys "Ribbons and Bows" and Whiff of Joys "Sketch with the theme that Mums are Special", and Ive used this gorgeous image from LOV of a mum rabbit and her daughter giving her a bunch of flowers, Ive stamped them onto white card and then coloured with my Copic and Tria Pens then used Nestabilitie Die.1 to cut it out and Ive used a smaller die for the sentiment which is another of the LOV images. To create the mounts Ive drawn around the dies then cut them out by hand with a pair of scissors.
The base card is a 6"x 6" white card and for the first mount Ive used pink pearlescent card with one of two papers from the Forever Friends paper pack, this first paper is a all over white background with pink and blue butterflies on, across the middle Ive put a strip of stripped paper thats had a lace border punch from Martha Stewart. Across the top I have wrapped a piece of beautiful lace that I received my Wild Orchid Crafts, and then along the bottom is a piece of pink seam binding that with the lace has been attached to the back of the first mount.
I then positioned my mounted image in the middle with the sentiment at the bottom on the right. I then created a flower spray with seven roses that I also bought from Wild Orchid Crafts have arranged them in the top left hand corner I stuck them to my card with some punched out fern leaves on some silicone glue.
This card is to be entered in the following Challenges:-
http://liliofthevalleythursdaychallenge.blogspot.com/
http://wildorchidchallenge.blogspot.com/
http://papertakeweekly.blogspot.com/

22 comments:

patriziawithaz said...

Friday 13th !! You have successfully published your post Shirley so now lets see if I can publish a comment or will the gremlins hijack us again lol x
Gorgeous,sweet card Shirley with that beautiful lace and gorgeous everythings !! love it x

Elborgi said...

love this card! Thanks god Blogger works again!
Hugs Elma

Doreen said...

Such a pretty card Shirley.xxx

Angie said...

Lovely card cute image thanks for joining us at papertake weekly
Angie x

Gemma said...

Such a lovely card. Gemma x

ellabella said...

What a beautiful project. You are one talented lady.Absolutely gorgeous.

Thanks for joing my candy, please link my candy on your blog, that would be great.

Hunnybunnycards said...

Yep Blogger has been sooo frustrating, hopefully everything back to normal now, proper Friday 13th eh!!

Your card is beautiful

Hugs, Barbaraxx

heidy said...

Hi Shirley
What a lovely card!
Hugs Heidy

McCrafty's Cards said...

Beautiful card Shirley,the image is sweet and I like that butterfly paper.
Kevin xx

Marie said...

This is so totally cute! Adorable. Wonderful card! Really lovely.
Love n hugs
marie

dolcreations said...

Oh I just love this image on your gorgeous card.Such pretty colours you have used! LOVE IT!

Stef H (Glitterbabe) said...

oh i just love this. it is simply darling!

hugs, stef (Glitterbabe)

do check me out, my store and
Glitterbabe@Stitchy Bear

Bella´s Bastelecke said...

Hi Shirley
What a lovely card.......this is my favorite...........

Hugs
Judith

Kerrie said...

Hi Shirley, such a sweet image, and you have created a gorgeous card.

Kerrie x

Melodie said...

Hi Shirley,
I'm back, but I had no time to make a card.
But your card is again so fantastic with this cute image.
Hugs
Melodie

Pops x said...

Hi sweetie, this is a fabulous creation, gorgeous colours too, biggest of hugs love pops x x x

CraftyC said...

This is so sweet Shirley, love the pretty colours and cute stamp. Shame we all lost posts and comments, lets hope blogger behaves in the future
Clairexx

Tussemaja said...

What a sweet card. Pink and white is so nicely together.

Janette said...

What a day it was Shirley, your so right, I was all on pins until I found out everyone else was in the same boat...lol...

Love your card, it is sooo pretty, gorgeous.

Sorry I am not getting around as much as I would like Shirley, hope things will be better soon.xxxx

Alysha said...

WOW now that is too cute for words lol - beautiful hunni, love Aly xxx

Josephine said...

So pretty! That lace is gorgeous, and it works beautifully with that wonderfully cute image.

Patty said...

Shirley,
This card is so adorable. I love the colors and layout and you have (as usual) colored the image to perfection!