Tuesday, 29 November 2011

A Card for the LOV Challenge "Anything Goes"

Good Afternoon Everyone, well its pouring of rain here in Gloucestershire and its not nice at all, at the moment it seems to have eased of thank goodness, but the poor pup has got soaked the last time we took her out and I hope it stays dry for the next time she needs to. Anyway todays card has been created for this weeeks LOV Challenge "Anything Goes" and Ive used this sweet image of all these children out posting cards, they can come and do mine if they like though they do need stamps first.
Anyway Ive coloured my image with my Copic pens then used Nestabilitie Die Labels 17 to cut it out then created the mount by drawing around the die and cut it out by hand out of blue card. The sentiment is yet another of the LOV stamps and has been treated in the same way as the image.
The base card is a 6"x 6" white card with a first mount of blue card and one beautiful paper from the Maja Vintage Christmas Paper Pack, which my very special adopted daughter bought for me for my recent birthday, thank you sweetheart you know who you are. Ive then used a piece of butter muslin which I have pulled the edges of and laid it with a pleat in the middle down on top then wrapped a piece of binding ribbon around the middle and stuck it to the back of the first mount. I then positioned my mounted image towards the right and the sentiment at the bottom on the left.
I then created a triple bow with more of the same ribbon and stuck to the side of my image, and to finish of Ive used several Martha Stewart Snowflake punches to punch out a snowflake and then used some German Glass Glitter to sparkle it up and then positioned it at the top on the left hand side.
This card is to be entered in the following Challenges:-
http://liliofthevalleythursdaychallenge.blogspot.com/
http://wildorchidchallenge.blogspot.com/
http://totallypapercrafts.blogspot.com/
http://stampinfortheweekend.blogspot.com/
http://abc-challenge.blogspot.com/

31 comments:

Lia said...

hi shirley,
I love your card I love your coloring too, this afternoon I colored the same picture, but I used other colors
hugs Lia

Autumn Mist said...

Gorgeous card. I love what you've done with the muslin. It's pouring with rain here, too!

heidy said...

Oh what aa beautiful card Shirley!
Hugs Heidy

Doreen said...

A beautiful card Shirley your image is coloured perfectly.xxx

~ Ali ~ said...

Beautiful creation Shirley....such a sweet image and beautifully coloured

Ali x

Marie said...

Such lovely card Shirley. It looks fantastic.
Love n hugs
Marie

Bev said...

Ah Shirley this is gorgeous, love the vintagey look to the card :) Thanks so much for joining us at LOTV this week x

McCrafty's Cards said...

Gorgeous card Shirley, I like the sweet image, the paper and the snowflake.
Kevin xx

Elborgi said...

Colouration, motiv+ colour all together: a perfect card
Hugs
elma

Jules said...

Hi Shirley

We got lots of wind and rain yesterday too!! Today looks a bit more promising though.

Your Christmas card is gorgeous .. .. love the delicate colours and that gorgeous snowflake.

Love Jules xx

mueppi said...

Your card is fantastic and I love this cute image, Shirley!
Hugs Gisela

Pinkllilac said...

Love this card Shirly the image, the colours, the design and all the added detail is so wonderful.
Hugs Linda

Bella´s Bastelecke said...

Oh what aa beautiful card Shirley.....

Hugs
Judith

elsi said...

Lovely card :) But you can only enter a total of 3 challenges with this card at WOC....sorry.

Marianne's Craftroom said...

I need to finish making my cards before I can post them, lol! Gorgeous card, love the colours. Marianne x

Heather said...

This is beyond adorable!!! I LOVE it Shirley!!! The icy blue and the soft sheer fabric .. just lovely

I gave you a shout out on my blog... I hope it was ok to do so... please come by and check it out if you want :D

HUGS!!!
Heather

http://joemamainks.blogspot.com/2011/11/candy-cane-christmas-and-lots-of-jabber.html

Riet said...

So beautiful card,I love the image and the colours.
So gorgeous papers.

Hugs Riet.xx

Sarah said...

Beautiful card Shirley, love the cute image and the big snowflake is so pretty x

CraftyC said...

Beautiful card Shirley. Thanks for taking part in the LOTV Challenge and hope pup stays dry!
Clairexx

Linda said...

Absolutely beautiful. Thanks for joining us at Totally Papercrafts this week. **Linda

petrol remote control cars said...

Great to have you back with good work. Your photos are always beautiful! I just found my collection of the photos and cards, you could really be a professional photographer!

Heidi said...

Oh what a gorgeous lotv card, love all the sparkle, happy belated birthday shirley. hugs heidi x

SYLVIA-ANNE said...

A stunning card Shirley - love your colouring, and the image is adorable. Beautiful snowflakes and glitter - totally fabulous!
Have a happy (and rain-free) weekend - Hugs, Sylvia xxxxx

Pop's Cards said...

Morning sweetie, this is just gorgeous, love the colours hugs pops x x x

Spyder said...

Lovely Card Shirley, love the colour and your sparkly snowflake!
(Lyn)
Have a great weekend

Elaine said...

Gorgeous card Shirley.
I love this image, so sweet, and perfectly coloured as always.
Pretty papers :) and always embellished so beautifully.

I hope it stays dry for the weekend...maybe little Pup needs a jacket?

Love & hugs
Elaine xxx

Patricia St Martin said...

Just beautiful Shirley. All the colors are wonderful and the snowflakes. The color of blue you used is so nice and great ribbon.
Hugs, Pat
Your little emails are so cute and funny. I love the one with the man driving. Just too funny.

Janet said...

Just beautiful Shirley.....gorgeous colours and your colouring is delicious!x

Bella´s Bastelecke said...

Oh what aa beautiful card Shirley......i like it......

HUgs
Judith

Josephine said...

This is so pretty! The image is beautifully coloured as always, and the paper is so lovely!

coldwaters2 said...

Oh my word Shirley this is gorgeous I love that image and the colours you have used the papers and design look terrific.
Hugs
Lorraine x