Monday 2 January 2012

Cards for Men - Challenge 1 - "Recycling"

Good Morning Everyone, and a Happy New Year to you all, I hope you had a wonderful Christmas and are already to start crafting again, I know I am so for our first Challenge this year we want to see you "Recycling" something, and Im sure you must have lots of things around the house that can be used either as a project or perhaps on your card. Anyway we are being sponsered by "One Stop Card Shop"


and they are offering you a Gift Certificate of £10. to spend in the webshop, and here is what they say about themselves:-


Free postage is quite a rarity so I think it would be a good idea to give them a visit. And now here is my project for this Challenge.
I have used an empty Sudocream pot to create a store for all bits and bobs men seem to hoard.
I actually printed two sheets of paper from the My Craft Studio Steampunk set of designs, and wrapped the first one around the pot and stuck it down, then I used some silver trimmings around the bottom.
For the lid I cut out a circle and then cut lots of slits to mould around the lid and stuck them underneath, and Ive used a bit more of the silver rimmings around the rim. To finish of the lid I used a cog left from the front and stuck a large nut in the centre for a means of removing the lid. To finish of the front of my pot Ive used several cogs cut out with the Nestabilitie Tim Holtz cog set, and burnished them with some old gold cream and stuck them to the bottom of the pot for some texture.
I do hope that now youve seen my project for this "Recycling" Challenge I do hope that you will go and visit our Cards for Men Challenge Blogspot and see what the rest of the very talented Design Team have created for your inspiration and maybe you will also want to take part in this Challenge.
This card is to be entered in the following Challenges:-
http://www.creativeinspirationspaint.blogspot.com/ 
http://robynsfetishchallengeblog.blogspot.com/ 
http://papersundaes.blogspot.com/ 
http://pileitonchallenge.blogspot.com/ 
http://sentimentalsundays.blogspot.com/ 
http://thesquirrelandthefox.blogspot.com/ 

21 comments:

Hanneke said...

Great idea! Looks wonderful and very suitable for a man. Hugs, Hanneke

kyms kards said...

I really love this idea and may have to have a go myself.
Thxs for joining us at the Robyn Fetish challenge
kym DT

McCrafty's Cards said...

Great idea Shirley, I need a few of these for the craft room.
Kevin xx

Jenny said...

I love this. I am off to find all of my half full jars and .. empty them. Thanks for the inspiration and for joining in our challenge at Paper Sundaes this week.

Doreen said...

This is gorgeous,what a great idea.xxx

Anonymous said...

thats fantastic Shirley!
Hug
elma

Elaine said...

This is fabulous Shirley and a great way to recycle a jar!

Sorry I've not been around, we've got Jon, Sam and Poppy staying :)

Happy New Year Mummy, I hope it will be filled with only the best of everything for you.

Love & hugs

Your extra child
Elaine xxxxx

Michelle B. said...

Cool idea! I love the paper and matching cogs! Happy New Year!

Bella´s Bastelecke said...

This is gorgeous,what a great idea.......

Hugs
Judith

Sarah said...

Such a fab idea Shirley, love your altered pot! xxx

Donnas Den said...

Great project, Shirley. Hope you all have a wonderful New Year. This is our third year on a team :)

Donna xx

SYLVIA-ANNE said...

A fabulous recycled jar Shirley - perfect for all those bits and bobs. Love the cogs and the gorgeous papers, and that "nut" handle is a fabulous idea. Love it!
Hugs, Sylvia xxx

Mina said...

oh wow Shirley what a fantastic idea and I love love love those steampink papers...I hope you had a fantastic holiday season and I wish you and your loved ones good health, wealth and happiness for 2012...Happy New Year
Mina xxx

Emma H said...

Creative and useful - always a good combo! Very cool! Thanks for playing along with Pile It On this week!

Melodie said...

Great idea, it looks so fabolous.
Hugs
Melodie

Wishcraft said...

What a great idea Shirley, it looks fab :o) Lisa x

Hannelie said...

Great project!
Thanks for entering it to Robyns fetish challenge!

coldwaters2 said...

This is fantastic Shirley a great idea and so beautifully decorated, I love it.
Hugs
Lorraine x

Tammie Edgerton said...

Great way to refurbish an old container! Thanks for sharing with us at Pile It On!

Tam
One Happy Stamper
Pile It On! DT

Simone said...

Absolutely fabulous! That´s incredible what you made with such an empty jar!
Simone

Unknown said...

What a great project! Thanks so much for joining us at the Creative Inspirations Paint challenge. Good luck and Happy New Year!
hugs,
Gini