Sunday 24 June 2012

A Card for Sundays with Santa (Facebook Challenge)

Good Afternoon All, well Ive been rather lapse and blogging lately, but that doesnt mean that Ive not been working, Ive been trying to get well ahead with my DT work as I know that August is going to be a really busy month for me, not only are two of my grandsons due for a week but my eldest grandson will be getting married on the 18th so I really dont want to have extra pressures on my plate around that time.
Todays card is for this weeks "Folds" Challenge over on Facebook, this is a weekly challenge to help us collect a good amount of cards made ready for this years Christmas, if youd like to join dont hesitate to find out more. Anyway Ive used this gorgeous Sugar Nellie image and stamped onto white card then used my copic pens to colour, afterwards I used my large oval from Go Create dies and a scalloped one for the mount. I also used some glitter on her wings.
the base card is 6"x 6" white card with two folds instead of one and I have used blue card for the first mounts and a paper I found in my Sweetshoppe Digi Downloads and felt it was just right for my card, Ive also used the birch tree die from Memory Box and cut it out twice, then after I stuck it to the card I used some cosmic shimmer drys white glue on the branches to imitate snow. I then positioned my mounted image towards the middle and it just covered the side fold and Ive also done the same with the sentiment.
This card is to be entered in the following Challenges:-
http://52cct.blogspot.co.uk/
http://2sisterschallengeblog.blogspot.co.uk/
http://allsortschallenge.blogspot.co.uk/
http://onestopcraftchallenge.blogspot.co.uk/

19 comments:

Janette said...

Hi Shirley so lovely to see one of your gorgeous creations, wow, it really is a stunner to, I just love it....

You have such alot of good times ahead for you hun, oh it's sounds wonderful, enjoy it.xxx

Laine said...

Hi Shirley
Thank you for sharing this stunning card. The image is fabulous and I love the colour and all of the wonderful design.
I know what your saying about trying to get organised. I have both my daughters birthdays and my wedding Anniversary next week and am rapidly running out of time. Have fun with your celebrations.
Hugs
Laine
X

Jacqueline said...

A lovely card - beautiful image. Thanks for joining in our challenge this week at 52CCT - Jacqueline xx

Riet said...

So beautiful card,I love the image and the colours.
So gorgeous papers.

Hugs Riet.xx

Doreen said...

Fantastic card,love the image and fab papers.xxx

brenda said...

Your card is stunning Shirley, it has such a lovely feel of a beautiful frosty winters morning (not that I'm looking forward to winter before summer arrives).

Have a nice evening.

B x

McCrafty's Cards said...

Beautiful card Shirley, I like the image and the soft colours.
Kevin xx

Helena (Gvendalen) said...

Lovely card Shirley! Beautiful paper and gorgeous your coloring. hugs, Helena

Unknown said...

Such a beautiful card Shirley, it really is gorgeous.
Sadly though it can not be accepted as an entry to the Happy Scrappers, because we are all about scrapbooking, so only scrapbook pages/LOs are accpted I am so sorry!

Jane x
[DT]

debby4000 said...

Gorgeous and adorable card Shirley.
luv
Debby

Stef H said...

wow shirley! this is beautiful! that blue is stunning and i love those trees!

hope all is well with you.

hugs :)

mamapez5 said...

This is so pretty. I love Sugar Nellie designs,and you have coloured it so well. The birch branch die makes an excellent winter background too. Kate x

coldwaters2 said...

Hi Shirley this is a real beauty that image is gorgeous I really love the colours and design.
Hugs
Lorraine x

Mynn xx said...

This is so darling! LOVE that image--and the wintery woods behind are fabulous! Thanks for joining us at 52CCT! :)

Anonymous said...

Just gorgeous. Hugs Sheila.x

Julie said...

Lovely colours and images. The glittery wings look great.

Nicola said...

Gorgeous Christmas card Shirley with such a sweet image, beautiful colours and fab details!
Thanks for using your dies for us at Allsorts this week and good luck!
Hugs Nicola xxx

Ruth M said...

Beautiful card Shirley, very soft and delicate, perfect wintery colours. LOVE what you did with the birch tree die!
Thanks for playing along with us at 52 CCT this week! Ruth x

Kezzy said...

WOW wow wow gorgeous stunning card, the image is super cute, the background is fantastic and your colouring is amazing. Thank you for joining us at 2 Sisters Challenge Blog this week :-) Kerry x