Monday 11 October 2010

Cards for Men - Challenge 21 -"Happy Birthday"

Well this post is hopefully showing today on October 11th as Im still away but should be winging back late this evening, anyway today is our 21st challenge and its being sponsered by Heather of Freshly Brewed Designs and she has offered us a fabulous prize of 10$ to spend in her shop, I do so hope you will take advantage of this wonderful prize.
And this is what Heather has to say about herself:-

Hi. I am Heather Dennis. I am a homeschooling mother of 2 wonderful children, the wife of 12 years to the love of my life, a Christian and the owner of Fresh Brewed Designs. I have loved to draw and create ever since I was a child. My daughter has inherited my love of art and recently inspired me to start creating again.
All the images in my shop are hand drawn. I offer a wide range of images from coffee, cute and inspirational.I also love to create custom drawn images, so if you are looking for anything in particular, please feel free to drop me an email.

And here is my card for this fortnights Challenge which is the theme of "Happy Birthday" and I have used one of Heather's Tommy images for this:-
 I printed him onto white card before colouring him with my copic pens the I used the Nestabilitie Label Die 10 to cut him out, then drew around the die for the mount. The sentiment was created on my computer and cut out with my rotatrim and mounted on a spare piece of the blue card.
The base card is a 7"x 6" gate card, with the inter piece which has a strip of the same blue card and a red gingham paper and the same text paper as the front but Ive used the farm border punch down the edge.
The front of the card has a first mount of blue card with the a patterned paper all of them from the "Giddyup" downloads from Nitwit papers, its a all over design of blue and red handerchief squares on top of which I have put a square of the same text paper as the inside and I used the same farm border and corner punch on this, the mounted image was then positoned on top with my sentiment at the bottom on the right. To finish of I have put two buttons with ribbon through at the top on the right.
I do so sincerely hope that you will take part in this challenge and do please pop across to http://cardsformen.blogspot.com/ and see what my fellow Design Team members have created, Im sure you will be surprised and delighted with their creations for this fantastic Challenge.

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

Shirley- thats a great card for a young man!
Hope you will have a wonderful day
Hugs
Elma

chris said...

Hi Shirley, so love it the image is great. hugs chris xx

Hansedeern said...

Hi Shirley,
totally gorgeous men card, luv this image, awesome colouring!

Have a nice day
Rivien xxx

Melodie said...

Wow, your card is again so beautiful. I love the image very much.
Hugs
Melodie

Rach said...

fabulous card Shirley, hope that you have had a fabulous holiday and are well rested..xx

Kerrie said...

What a cute image for a young male!... hope you have have a wonderful relaxing time!

Alison said...

Great card Shirley- such a sweet image! Hope you had a great holiday.
Hugs, Alison x

Sarah said...

Gorgeous card Shirley, hope you have had a fabulous holiday xxx

Donna said...

Howdyyyyyyyyyyyyyy Shirley, fabulous card, and great sentiment to go with it. Hope you have enjoyed your much needed holiday, and will catch up with you soon.
hugs
Donna xx

Jessie said...

Cute card and image!

Sue said...

Hi hun
fabulous card, great image & colouring, lovely papers & buttons, hope you had lovely time hun, sue,x

Rosis Stöberseite said...

Oh Shirley, I've only got scared but then I've seen, there is a bill in his gun. Then it will not be so bad.
Very nicely designed.
Hugs
Rosi