Good Morning everyone, hope that you are enjoying your bank holiday, though we have rain here in Gloucester this morning, but hopefully you are experiencing something better where you are. Ive already been up defrosting my freezer this morning, putting a load of washing on, and setting of my breadmaker, so at the moment Im feeling pretty good about myself.
Anyway back to business, todays card has been created for this weeks Just Magnolia Challenge, Ribbon and Bows, Ive used one of the stamps that were released earlier with the safari set, this one has Tilda sitting with her cat. It was one that had been given to me in a RAK and unfortunately because of its size I wasnt able to put a background behind it, so thought it might work as a cut out image positioned over a diecut. Anyway I coloured her with my copic pens then cut her out completely.
The base card is my usual 8"x 8" white card, and onto this I have layer up a piece of dark pink pearlescent card and one of three beautiful designs from the new Bearly Mine Extreme designs Vol.III cd, the second and third layers I have used one of my Marth Stewart border punches on, then layered them up over the first layer. The fourth layer is another piece of the same pearlescent card but again Ive put it through my cuttlebug with one of the recent released embossing folder, I love this one with beautiful leaf design. Before sticking it across my base layer, Ive wrapped two piece of the same ribbon across and attached them to the back, and then I have attached a bow on the bottom one.
On top of this layer I have put my stamped image, but firstly I punched out a large blossom die cut with one of my Nestabilitie die, and then cut a smaller one out with another of the papers from the cd I used earlier, stuck them together then posititioned my Tilda over the bottom edge. Around at each point I have stuck a pearl. I also stamped out a greeting with a red inkpad layered it up of another piece of the same card, and positioned it under the bow at the bottom.
I then created two flowers from Hydrangea petals and popped a pink pearl brad and spacer through the centres, these were aquired from my friend Mandy or Sparklybits, and I also hung a cat charm from the bottom flower. I then created a little swag from a piece of the same ribbon that was left and with some silicone glue, and punched out leaves, I have created two places on the card to then stick my flowers on top. I must apologise for the flaring on the pearlescent my camera seems to enjoy doing this on anything thats got a shiny surface, I hope it doesnt spoil your being able to see it properly, Im not the best photographer very much an amateur at this game.