Friday 15 August 2014

ABC Challenges - "R is for Ribbon, Roses and Red"

Good Morning Crafters, can you tell me where the weeks go? its amazing how quickly these days go by and now we are on our second Challenge over on the ABC Challenge Blogspot for September and this one is all about the letter "R" and its for "Ribbon, Roses and the colour Red" and we are so lucky to be sponsored this time by Mitzi of Aurora Wings

https://www.etsy.com/uk/shop/AuroraWings?ref=l2-shopheader-name

mariannedesign.nl

And for my card I decided you use this gorgeous image


her name is "Leanne's Angel" and you will find her here, I printed her onto white card before colouring her with my copic pens, afterwards I used Nestabilite Die Labels 8 to cut her out and a fancy one for the mount our of pink pearlescent card. I also did a similar thing with the sentiment which was stamped onto white card and a smaller die from the same Labels 8 set to cut it out and make a mount for it.
The base card is a 7"x 7" white card with a first mount of the same pink pearlescent card, the paper is from Sweetshoppe Designs Digi "Once upon a Time" paper set, a very pretty pink patterned paper, then around the center I have wrapped a white pink satin ribbon and attached it to the back of the first mount.
I then used several different sized roses and created a spray down the top left hand side of the card and stuck them to the card with silicone glue on top of punched out rose leaves.
Now that youve seen my card I do hope that you will pay a visit to the ABC Challenge Blogspot and see what the rest of the Design Team has created for your inspiration and hopefully you to will want to take part in this "R is for Ribbon, Roses and Red" Challenge and I look forward to seeing what you come up with.

14 comments:

Unknown said...

Shirley, utterly beautiful, love everything I love about this card, love and hugs my friend xxx

SYLVIA-ANNE said...

Stunning card Shirley - absolutely love it!
Hugs, Sylvia xxx

Janette said...

Beautiful Shirley and those flowers are just so pretty....
Hope all is well...xxx

Anonymous said...

a stunning card!
Hugs
Elma

Linda . J said...

Gorgeous card Shirley I like the sweet image and the fab colours
Hugs Linda

Mojca said...

waw your card is sooooo gorgeous! I love the pretty roses. hugs! Mojca

Craftin Suzie (Susan Wykes) said...

A gorgeous card Shirley, beautiful image, papers and flowers! Hope all is ok and you had good news on Weds, hugs Susan x

Gail said...

Wow, this is utterly gorgeous. This is so darn beautiful. I am sitting here ooohing and ahhing over it. It's stunning. Hugs, Gail

Elaine said...

Totally gorgeous card!
This image is so beautiful and as always you've added the perfect embellishments to enhance the image.

I hope you are keeping well.
Lots of love to you
Elaine xxx

Pamellia said...

Very beautiful! Your angel image is just stunning and I love the frames you used! Gorgeous damask background too! :)

Cards By MI said...

Love this wonderful card of yours. Such lovely colours and a very lovely image. The boys got back to school yesterday and there is lots to getting used to especially for Philip. Grade Zero and a new school. I think I will have two tired boys in the end of the week. And then both of them has soccer games during the weekend, so no sleep in here. LoL Hope the doggy is doing better, and your eye.
Love n hugs
Marie

Carla S. said...

Gorgeous card, Shirley! Wonderful design and lovely image! Thanks for joining us for the Little Miss Muffet Anything Goes challenge!

Bad Kitty said...

Gorgeous card

tasiemka w grochy said...

Beautiful Angel.