Thursday 26 March 2009

Sample No.6 The Poppy With Love Card







Todays sample is No.6 and the last sample that Ive made for Sarah. Im of to post them to her presently, just hope they all arrive in a good condition and that the PO dont squash the box Ive packed them in.

Anyway Ive created this card from Sarahs Poppy section, but I have actually stamped a Topper. Sarah is not going to sell her stamps on Create and Craft but only on her website, so if you are interested you will find them http://www.spanglefish.com/peerlessdesigns/rubberstamps.asp
she now has a selection of 3 different sets.

I stamped the Poppy and its seed case onto white card and coloured it with my Karisma pencils, then I cut it out with one of my Nestabilitie dies, and mounted it onto a larger size diecut in dark red mirri card.

For the base card I have printed one of the poppy designs straight onto A4 white card, then folded this in half, for the insert I have used another of the designs and even printed a verse onto it. For the outer jacket Ive printed a third design onto vellum and then attached them altogether with some bright red organza ribbon.
Ive then mounted the stamped image onto the vellum, and made three poppies with my punches. I have used the gingo leaf, snowflake, small stamen, two different sizes of sun and the small circle to make them. I used my oak leaf and fern leaf punches for the leaves. I tried to stamp a greeting once on the vellum wrap but it looked rather lost so I have multi stamped it all over the wrap instead, but Im not sure if I might have over done it.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

another gorgeous card Shirley, hugs rachxx

Anonymous said...

Shirley i am sure that Sarah will be ecstatic with your card samples that you have made.. they are all wonderful. thank you for all your lovely and kind comments that you leave me. love rachel.xx

CraftyC said...

A very pretty card, love the poppies!
Clairex

Riet said...

what a gorgeous card Nannie,l love the image.

hugs Riet.x

Bev said...

What a fabulous card Shirley, anohter stunnign image x

Janet said...

What a beautiful card!X