Monday 4 January 2010

A Birthday Card for a Man


Good Morning everyone, I sincerely hope that you arnt suffering to much from the cold weather, at the moment we seem to be escaping the snow but we've had a few very hard frosts in the morning and thats certainly made if cold outside.
I thought for a change from a stamped image I would create a card for a friend whos birthday is next month, something a little cheeky. And this one is created from one of Joanna Sheens Cds, this image is from Animal Antics, and Ive used this Gorilla as my main topper, Ive printed him out onto a piece of semi-gloss photo paper then cut him out and mounted him onto a piece of brown pearlescent card then a piece of gold. The greeting was one I created on my computer and printed it out and mounted it in the same way as my image.
For my base card Ive used an 8"x 8" white card, with my first layer being a piece of gold mirri card, and on top of this I have used a further piece of the same brown pearlescent card but I had to cut it half to put through my cuttlebug with an embossing folder, then Ive stuck them together with a piece of check ribbon across the join, on top of the gold mirri card.
Ive then stuck my photo image in the centre and my greeting to the right hand side at the bottom, to finish of Ive printed a speech bubble with a cheeky saying in it, hopefully to give it a bit of a lift, I just hope the person receiving it will enjoy it.

30 comments:

Mrs Bs Blog said...

What a fun card! i`m sure the person receiving this will love it. Hugs Val xxx

Wishcraft said...

Such a fun card, it's great! Lisa x

Anonymous said...

This card make me smile bright!

Hugs Elma

Domna said...

So fun!
Great fantasy,Nannie!

dolcreations said...

What a fun card! Love the sentiment!
Keep warm...Christine

Vanessa @ See Vanessa Craft said...

What a fun card!! Great job!

brenda said...

Hi Shirly

We have those frosts as well, but they are sitting on top of the snow that still hangs around, so it's very slippery everywhere.

Great image on this card, cold think of a few good sentiments to add.

B x

Melodie said...

Hi Shirley,
your card is so great for a man.
Hugs
Melodie

Christa said...

haha what a great card you make, funny one hugs christa

Donnas Den said...

Great card, Shirley.

Could I link to it on the Cards for Men blog at some point?

Donna xx

Janette said...

Now thats a 'Man' card.....lol....why oh why...did I not think on these lines.....lol...thanks for your comments though Shirley....made me feel a bit better.x

Danielle said...

Awesome card! This is so fun and I love the embossing - perfect choice to go with the image!
Hugs, Danielle

Riet said...

Ohhh Shirley,what a gorgeous card.

Hugs Riet.xx

Kym's Crafty Cards said...

Shirley, it's wonderful. I wish I had the confidence to send people cards like this even though I know they'd see the funny side. No snow as yet for us but it's due in the next few days. I hate the snow as I am terrified of falling over even with my walking stick. Take care, Kym xxx

Marcea said...

This certainly brought a smile to my face today hun - so much fun!!! I haveloads of JS cds just sat gathering dust - so nice to see them being used - may have to have a go too :o)
It is freezinghere tonight, set for more snow tomorrow I think .... I am shivering with you hunny
-x-

coldwaters2 said...

This is just totally fantastic Shirley it is such fun and brilliant for the male of the species lol.

Hugs
Lorraine x

Denise said...

Shirley,
hahahaha, this is so funny! Love the embossing & that sure is a masculine card.

Aloha & Hugs,
Denise

Swaantje said...

*wow*
What a card ;o)

So fun..


I wish you a great year,Shirley..
Have a nice day.
Hugs
Swaani

debby4000 said...

Oh this is such a fun card, pefect for a chap.
luv
Debby

mueppi said...

Good morning my Dear
your card is fantastic and make me smiling!
Have a great day hun!
Big hugs Gisela

cats whiskers said...

Oh Hun thanks fior brightening up my day, this is brilliant
Hugs Jacqui x

Amanda said...

I love it!
As my Dad would say to me "Amanda What are you doing on that card?" LOL

Amanda

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

O.k. now you have me rolling on the floor Shirley. Too fun and cute!! Perfect manly card!!

hugs,
Chris

Linanna DESIGNS said...

Good evening Shirley, wow you've been busy since my last visit with so many gorgeous cards, i am so loving them all. Love the latest though, looks a bit like my hubby in the mornings!!!!

Hope you manage to avoid heavy snow falls. It is so cold here too i just can't seem to keep warm. Have a lovely evening hunny, big hugs Linda x

Linnie said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Linnie said...

just popped over to wish you a very happy new year..your card made me smile what a fab image
luv
linniexxx

Nikki Fairbairn said...

Happy New Year Shirley, Love your fun card and great sentiment, Hugs, Nikki x

Janet said...

What a fab man card chuck!I love it!!x

Jules said...

Hi Shirley

A great card - it made me laugh.

We too had escaped the snow until tonight.

It was snowing as I left work at 5.00pm and it has carried on most of the evening.

Hoping it doesn't carry on in the night and freeze. I am a cowardly driver!!!

Hope you and hubby are well.

Love Jules xx

Poppy said...

Happy New Year Shirley,Thanks for your kind comment.
Hope I can soon get into cardmaking mode.....think I'm still in holiday mode.
lots of lovely creations since my last visit, love this one, made me laugh.
poppy