Sunday 29 July 2012

A Card for the Sir Stampalot "Poppy" Challenge

I was looking through my stamps the other day and found a poppy stamp, and as if by chance I also came across a challenge for which it is just ideal and that is:-
So this is the card I started to create.
I used a stamp that I had been given as a freebie on one of my craft magazines, it was stamped onto white card and for a change I thought I would use my Karisma polycromatic pencils, I used several reds and oranges to get the shades I wanted, then cut it out with my oval Nestabilitie die, afterwards I cut a mount out of red card with a deckle edge one. The sentiment is one from my stash and has been also mounted onto a piece of the same red card.
The card is a 6"x 6" white card with a first mount of red card, and I was lucky to find a "Poppy" digi paper set from Creative Cottage which I felt went well with the colour scheme. The first is a red background then on top I have used two strips on which I have used one of my Martha Stewart Flower border punches, then a Ive wrapped a ribbon around the middle and positioned my mounted image towards the right, and the sentiment at the bottom on the left.
I then wrapped three poppies in a bunch with a piece of velvet ribbon and tied it in a bow and stuck it at the top on the left.
This card is to be entered in the following Challenges:-

15 comments:

brenda said...

Good afternoon Shirley,

I am so pleased you found that stamps because it's created a beautiful card and your colouring with those pencils has produced beautiful shading.

I'm really thrilled to see so many of my blogging friends taking the time to join in my fun challenge, thank you so much and good luck with the draw for the voucher.

B x

Chris said...

Oh how I love poppys! Lovely card. :) I'm so happy that you joined us this week at Amusing Challenges . Thanks for playing along!

Eileen said...

This is lovely Shirley. Poppies are one of my favorite flowers. Great layout and design and love that paper.
Eileen x

Doreen said...

Love this gorgeous card Shirley,great image and papers.xxx

Sarah said...

Beautiful bright card Shirley, lovely colouring of the image x

Anonymous said...

this card is so nice Shirley--------I love poppies!
Hugs
Elma

heidy said...

Such a beautiful card Shirley,I love poppy's!!
XXX Heidy

Riet said...

What a gorgeous card Shirley.

Hugs Riet.xx

coldwaters2 said...

Wow Shirley this is extremely beautiful I totally love that image of the Poppies also the ones at the side the papers and design are top notch
Hugs
Lorraine x

sallysbitz2 said...

Awww Shirley, this is Gorgeous. You have coloured the poppies beautifully & loving those papers too x

hugs sally x
sallysbitz.blogspot.co.uk

Bella´s Bastelecke said...

This is simply beautiful.. Love the details.. very lovely work as always..
I apologize that I reported not long. I have moved to another house and have had much to do.
Then to have a new job and now needs to make more night duty.

Hugs
Judith

debby4000 said...

Love your gorgeous beautiful card Shirley.
luv
Debby

cotnob said...

This is gorgeous Shirley, I love the Poppy stamp and embellishments and your sentiment is lovely.
Pauline
x

Wishcraft said...

Such a pretty card Shirley, love the poppy image :o) Hugs, Lisa x

Yvonne Garner said...

A truly lovely card. So vibrant! Thank you for joining us at FSC! Best, Yvonne