Thursday 15 November 2012

A Card for several Challenges


Good Afternoon All, I do apologise for my lack of posts, I dont seem to have the urgency to create cards just for fun at the moment most of my efforts seem to be just my DT cards, anyway I thought I would show you this card I created for this weeks Sundays with Santa Challenge over on Facebook, this weeks challenge is "Vintage" and I felt you might like to see the results. Ive used one of the Don and Daisy images from Marianne and coloured it with my copic pens, I then cut it out with Nestabilitie Label Die No.8 then drew around the die to create the mount.
The base mount is a 6"x 6" piece of red card with three papers from Maji's "Its Christmas Time" and the first one is a all over paisley pattern in shades of brown, beige and red, the second is a snowflake paper and Ive used my Martha Steward border and corner snowflake punches to create a square doily, on top is another of the same paper set but this one is a piece of newspaper type design and has been laid down the card.
I then positioned my mounted image in the center and the sentiment below on the right hand side, to finish of I have used a large Snowflake punch from Martha Stewart and punched out several sizes and dipped them into glass glitter, this was layered up and positioned it in the top right hand corner.
If you havent put your name to the blog candy above please do if your a regularly visit my blog.
This Card is to be entered in the following Challenges:-
http://abcchristmaschallenge.blogspot.co.uk/
http://ladyanneschallenges.weebly.com/stamp-challenge.html
http://craftsandmechallenges.blogspot.co.uk/
http://divasbydesignchallenge.blogspot.co.uk/
http://justkeeponcreating.blogspot.com.au/
http://mymumscraftshopchallenges.blogspot.co.uk/
http://nutcrafters.blogspot.co.uk/
http://pennyschallenges.blogspot.co.uk/
http://tandastamps.blogspot.co.uk/

29 comments:

heidy said...

What a fabolous card Shirley!!!
XXXX Heidy

CRAZYCRAFTSHED said...

Gorgeous card Shirley love the image and fabulous colouring and love the paper's and snowflake
Hugs Dianne xx :)

Riet said...

So beautiful card Shirley,I love the image and the colours.
So gorgeous papers.

Hugs Riet.xx

McCrafty's Cards said...

This is gorgeous Shirley, I like the sweet image the papers the punch work and the snowflake,
Kevin xx

Unknown said...

Beautiful Shirley luv the cute image and the gorgeous papers, nice snoflake too.
Chris x

Stef H said...

oh shirley... all your cards are always sooooooooooo gorgeous! i wish i could do like you do. i'll stick with the CAS!

stay well.

hugs :)

Anonymous said...

so sweet image ! Your cards allways so nice
Hugs
Elma

Laine said...

Shirley this is so beautiful. Love the image and all of your detail.
Hugs
Laine
X

Patty Sue 2 said...

I love this card...it is so cute and your coloring is over the top beautiful....it will make someone's Christmas special!

Sandy said...

Wonderful - I love it!!!!
Sandy

cotnob said...

This is fab Shirley, beautifully coloured image and lovely snowflake and sentiment.
Pauline
x

RoseC said...

Shirley, your sweetly colored little guy pulling a sled full of pressies looks fabulous on this pretty brown and red Christmas card. So glad to see your entry at the Crafts and Me Stamps digi team's "Untraditional Christmas Colors" challenge. Hugz, ~ Rose

coldwaters2 said...

Beautiful card Shirley that image is divine, the colours and papers are gorgeous I love it.
hugs
lorraine x

Helen said...

Gorgeous - love that image and the colour scheme you've used is so elegant.

Thanks for joining us at Pennys.

Helen x

mueppi said...

Gorgeous card agsin, Shirley and such wonderful colors!
I love it!
Hugs Gisela

Eileen said...

Such a cute image and so perfectly coloured Shirley. Love your design and layout and those papers are gorgeous. Love it.
Eileen x

Lady Anne Milnes-Howard said...

What a stunning card you have created I love it. Thank you for sharing with us at Lady Anne's. I hope we see you again.
Love ~ Lady Anne xx
cardsbyladyanne

Anonymous said...

so cute! I love the image.
Thanks for joining our AG challenges at Penny's PaperCrafty this week.
Tammy DT

Tracey said...

Wonderful Christmas card Shirley :)
I hope you are well & have a great weekend.
Hugs
Tracey
xx

Lorraine A said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Lorraine A said...

Hi Shirley, apologies for deleting my last comment but I went for clarification :-) The challenge is for Wrapping, so a gift bag, wrapping paper etc, or an image that is wrapping a gift.

Your card is gorgeous, the image is very cute and all the details are FAB :-)
I hope you can join in the challenge with another entry :-)

luv
Lols x x x
ABC Challenge DT

Sylvia x said...

Thank you for joining us at Nutcrafters this time with your super card what a great image and loving the bps...
Sylvia xx

Wishcraft said...

Lovely card Shirley, love that sweet image and great layout too :o) Hugs, Lisa x

Sarah said...

Just love this Shirley, gorgeous image and details x

Elaine said...

Absolutely gorgeous card Shirley.
The image is just so sweet and those papers are fabulous (I've stroked that pad once or twice myself...I might even be brave enough to cut into it yet!) They really do have a lovely vintage feel to them.

Big hugs lovely lady :)

Elaine xxx

Deanne Saunders said...

What a sweet card! Love that image! Thanks for participating in our PENNY'S PAPER CRAFTY challenge!!
~DEANNE~

ellyscard creatief said...

What a beautiful card.
Gr Elly

Laurian said...

Beautiful card, I love that image and the snowflake is brilliant!!
Thanks for joining us at Lady Annes and I hope we'll see you again soon!
Hugs

Laurian

Fiona said...

what a cute card....love the snowflakes.

Thanks for joining us at MMCS.

Fi
x