Wednesday 7 November 2018

Challenge #359 - A Card for a Child - The Paper Shelter

Good Morning Paper Shelter Followers, I dont know about you but at this time of the year I get rather worried because here in the UK people seemed to love to celebrate Firework Night, but I dread it as our poor dog hates the bangs and noise, and so this year we have already decided to make sure we have some sedative to give her once she starts to panic, she gets extremely distressed by it all, we did make sure we took her to the Vets to get the right thing for her, but Im still not happy as around where I live it just doesnt happen on the 5th but it normally goes on for about 2 weeks, then just as we get over that the New Year bring it back again.
Anyway this weeks theme for our cards is

A Card for a Child

Im lucky to have quite a few grandchildren and great grandchildren so when I plan my cards I use the theme I keep them in mind as to what I will create so it can used for them on their birthdays.
 And you will find beautiful images over at The Paper Shelter and there's lot to choose from to. Our Sponsors are and as always our sponsers are The Paper Shelter and they are offering a fabulous prize of $30. to spend on their website.

But don't forget they will only give you the whole amount if you have used one of their images on your card but don't worry if you haven't, they will still give you 3 digi images or your own choice if you are picked as a winner.
And here is the Card I made for the theme
this image is "You're my Cuppy Cake" and you will find it here. I printed it onto white card and coloured it with my copic pens, afterwards I used  Nestabilitie die to cut it out and a larger one out of pink card for the mount.
The base card is a 6.50"x 6.50" white card with a first mount out of pink card the same as used for the mounted image. The backing paper is also from the same image set and you will find it here, I then placed it on top of the first mount and place a square doily in the middle, afterwards I wrapped a piece of pink ribbon with lace behind it and attached it to the back of the mount.
This was then placed onto the base card and I then added my mounted image in the center and The sentiment is from my stash and I also added the cakes message as well as I thought it was appropriate.
To finish of I used several cake and other buttons along the bottom and right edge to give it a bit of a zing. Now that youve seen my card I do hope that you will pay a visit to our The Paper Shelter Challenge Blogspot and see what the rest of the Design Team have created for your inspiration and I hope you will want to take part in this "A Card for a Child" themed Challenge.

7 comments:

CraftyNatalie said...

Very pretty card, love the embellishments.
Im sorry to hear your dog is having a bad time. Our previous dog had to be sedated all the time during the fireworks, he hated them too. Hopefully they will start and calm off a bit now.

Mandy said...

Gorgeous card Shirley! The image is adorable and so beautifully coloured xx

Mel Gee said...

The image is so cute. Love the layers.
Thank you for entering our Challenge at Lemon Shortbread http://lemonshortbreadchallenge.blogspot.com/
Regards
Mel DT
https://melgeecrafts.com/

Maria Nicotra Tinyworks said...

Thank you for joining us at challenge Digi Choosday Crafting
DT Maria

anncreatief said...

Beautiful card. Thank you for joining us at Creative Craft Cottage challenge good luck. Have a nice day
Anneke DT

Pop's Cards said...

Hi sweetie, so sorry I am late stupid internet!!!

I love your card, I love the colours you have chosen and the little embellies are so cute, I so wish I could have a big cupcake this big :0)

Big hugs love Pops xxx

Creative world said...

Fabulous and super sweet card...love your design...thank you for joining us at DIGI CHOOSDAY CHALLENGE this week,hope to see you again
Ċ½eljka DT xx