Monday 8 November 2010

Cards for Men - Challenge 23 - "Animals"

Oh wow and double wow we had nearly 300 entries in the last Cards for Men Challenge and I was amazed at how fabulous the entries were, and we even had a little person take part and they certainly did a good job on their card. Anyway here we are again another Challenge and its our 23rd one and this one is all about "Animals" and we are being very kindly sponsered by Claire of Hope Jacare and she has kindly offered a rubber stamp for the winner (which is a brand new line for her), now I call that a fabulous prize.
And here is a special surprise for all those entering this Challenge Claire has offered this image free, and it would be lovely if you could use it for your card:-  (you will find details as how to claim it on the Challenge Blog)
This is what Claire says about herself:-
I'm a SAHM with three young children. I trained in Textile Design at the Glasgw School of Art and I love all things handmade, but especially papercrafts. I love to doodle ... and my doodles are available to purchase as digital images through Shop Handmade."
This is my card for this challenge, and I was lucky enough to be able to use this image which we as DT members were given to play with, thank you so Claire its such a priviledge to use them:-
Ive used this fabulous digi stamp from Claire and its called "on the Move", its of a snail and of course Claire does create the most stunning drawings and I love this one with all the doodles all over him, and Ive done my best to make him as colourful as I can, I even used some glitter in places, I should also say I used my copic pens on him.
The base card is a 7"x 7" with an extra few inches on the top to create a house shape card, then I used a piece of beige card, and one of Donna's Bearlymine Design Freebie Papers, which happens to be a brick pattern for the front of my house (if you want it you will have to go back through her older posts to find it) and then on top of this I have created two windows from some white card and some cut out window shapes. I then used some red pearlescent paper and pleated it to create the illusion of curtains and stuck them to the edges of the window. The door is yet another piece of beige card thats been drawn on to create the panelling, I then punched out some leaves and flowers for the flower bed along the front.
The roof is also pieces of punched out petals to create the tiles these were stuck with some silicone glue in rows. I then cut out my snail with my Marianne circle die and have stuck it to the card with some foam tape in the middle of front.
I do so hope that you will take part in this fortnights challenge and before you do please pop across to Cards for Men Challenge Blog and see what my fellow Design Team Members have been creating for your inspiration, and Im sure you will be thrilled at what you find they really are stunning.

19 comments:

Doreen said...

Ooh Shirley this is fabulous,so creative.xxx

Alison said...

Another fab card Shirley- this snail is so colourful; if they didn't keep eating my veg patch you could have almost convinced me to like them!
Hugs, Alison x

Lia said...

beautiful card shirley I love this weeks theme
hugs Lia

Janette said...

Fabulous card Shirley, really love the image too.....have only just found your message on my blog, but, can't find anything here I should be looking for hun, sorry, it will be me I just know it...lol...xxxx

Sarah said...

This lil snail is so so cute, love your card Shirley xxx

Riet said...

What a gorgeous card Shirley.

Hugs Riet.x

Wishcraft said...

Great card Shirley, love the colourful snail :o) Lisa x

brenda said...

Another stunner Shirley.

Love how you have coloured Clairs sketch, she really is one talented lady.

B x

Jessie said...

Very cute :)

Cards By MI said...

Clever use of Donna's freebee. Great card!
xMarie

Linnie said...

Brilliant cards shirly hope you enjoyed your nec visit
luv
linniexxx

Donnas Den said...

Wonderful, wonderful card, Shirley. There's so much work gone into it. I love it and I'm sure Claire will too.

Donna x

Sue said...

Hi ya hun
another fabulous card, great colouring, luv the design very clever, sue,x

Christa said...

wow great cards shirley hugs christa

Riet said...

Beautiful card Shirley,I love the image and your papers.

Hugs Riet.x

Mandy said...

Hi Shirley,
This is stunning I love the image and your colours and colouring are perfect..Another beautiful card...Thank you so much for your lovely comment on my family situation...
Mandy xx

Anonymous said...

Shirley- such fabulous card!
Hugs
Elma

issy said...

This is a fabulous card Shirley, I love that snail....

issy

Claire Phillips said...

I love your card Shirley - what a fabulous snail....absolutely gorgeous! Thanks so much. Cheers Claire x