Wednesday 25 August 2010

A Card for Crafters Companion Challenge

Good Morning Ladies well here we are again with yet another challenge card, this one is for the Crafters Companion Monthly Challenge, a sketch by our dear friend Bev, a really lovely design and I hope Ive done it justice. I was lucky enough to win the last challenge and this is the stamp I chose its called Patchwork Polly, and Ive stamped her onto smooth white card and coloured her with my copic pens then cut her out with my circle die and mounted her onto a piece of pink scalloped card. The sentiment is from the same set of stamps a really lovely one, this was also mounted onto a square scalloped card.
The card is a 7"x 7" white card with a first mount of pink card, Ive used three of the papers from the Crafters Companion Florals Cd, the first one is an all over daisy pattern, and then on top of this the second mount is a pink, blue and white check pattern, and this was stuck on top of the first mount as the sketch shows, across the centre Ive used these two and another daisy paper to create three strips that have been punched with the lace edged Martha Stewart border punch and then across the top of these three Ive stuck a gingham ribbon and attached it to the back of the first mount.
The mounted image was then positioned in the centre, and my sentiment below it in the middle. The floral arrangement is a very large red/pink daisy with four asters arranged either side of it, this was stuck to the bottom right hand corner of the mount. Ive also created a swirl in the top left hand corner with some pink gems and my Bazzil design cards.
This card is to be entered for the following Challenges:-

26 comments:

Melodie said...

Good morning, dear Shirley,
your pink card is so beautful and the image so sweet.
Hugs
Melodie

Anonymous said...

Hello Shirley- such a sweet image! I like your cards- they are so well coloured and nice decorated!
Hugs
Elma

Rosis Stöberseite said...

What a cute theme. Hopefully is not the sweet girl from the branch.
Very nicely designed.
with loves and hugs
Rosi

Wishcraft said...

Lovely card, such a sweet image and pretty colours :o) Lisa x

Babs said...

hi Shirley. Just adore that image, i remember the days when i could do that ha ha.your colour, papers and card are beautiful.

Babs x

Lisa said...

Hi Shirley, Gorgeous card! I love this sweet image and pretty colour combo.

Lisa x

Lia said...

beautiful card shirley I love the sketch and the stamp is sweet
Hugs Lia

dolcreations said...

This has got to be the cutest stamp! She is just a doll! I love your card! Beautifully done!

chris said...

Hi Shirley, I just adore what you have done with patchwork polly, I havent seen her before and I am in love with her.
really great card, hugs chris xx

chris said...

Hi Shirley, I just adore what you have done with patchwork polly, I havent seen her before and I am in love with her.
really great card, hugs chris xx

Janette said...

Gorgeous card again Shirley,love the colour combo.xx

Josephine said...

So pretty - those papers are fabulous and the image is sweet.

Sue said...

Hi Shirley
aww gorgeous card, beautiful colouring, lovely papers & layout, sue,x

Elaine said...

Sweet card Shirley. I've not seen this image before, but she is so pretty. Lovely papers and your flowers are fab.
Love Elaine xx

Lavender and old lace said...

lovely card Shirley have left an award over on my blog for you xx

Heather D. ~ Fresh Brewed Designs said...

Oh my , could she BE ANY SWEETER?!?! Adorable ... so soft and pretty. Hope you are having a lovely week Shirley

Riet said...

So beautiful card Shirley,I love the image and the colours.
So gorgeous papers.

Hugs Riet.xx

Danielle said...

Aww, so cute Shirley! Beautiful image and I just love the design of the card! Pretty pink papers too!
Hugs, Danielle

brenda said...

A lovely card Shirley, such a pretty colour combo and that image is so delicate and sweet.

B x

Mandy said...

Hi Shirley,
Another great card..Lovely colours and the image is beautiful...
Mandy xx

CraftyC said...

Your card is so pretty Shirley. Love the colours and the nostalgic feel!
Clairex

coldwaters2 said...

Oh wow Shirley this is wonderful what gorgeous papers and I adore that image she is a true beauty.
Hugs
Lorraine x

creationsncraftsbyarina said...

HI SHIRLEY THIS IS A WONDERFULL CARD.
LOVE THE COLOURS..
ITS A BEAUTY
HUGS FROM ARINA

Sarah said...

This is so pretty, I love everything about it x

Unknown said...

Shirley this image is so sweet!! Congrats on your good fortune.
Angela x

Ginger Claire said...

Loving your card.
Thanks for joining us at Crafter's Companion Monthly Challenge
xxx