Saturday 21 August 2010

A Card for Many Challenges

Morning Girls, hope you are enjoying your weekend, my hubby has gone of to our local Steam Engine restoration place to volunteer his talents to try and restore the signal box in Lydney, he loves anything to do with steam and I feel this will give him an hobby in which he can satisfy his loss of not being able to work full time, hes retired and he feels rather redundant to society. Anyway we shall see when he gets home tonight whether hes enjoyed himself, I do so hope he has.
Anyway todays card has been created for Mos "Thank heaven for little girls" and Cute Card Thursdays "Sketch by Fran", Ive used this little sweetheart called "Bossy" from Mo Manning, and have printed her onto coated 200gsm card (from Rymans) and then coloured her with my copic pens. I know a lot of you are still having problems with smudging when colouring printed images, I actually use compatible inks from 365 ink and dont have any problems with it, but I do use a coated smooth card rather than just any card and I think this might be the answer to the smudging. Anyway Ive cut her out with my large rectangle die from Spellbinders and used the same on the sentiment which was generated on my computer, both of these were mounted onto some yellow pearlescent card which has been cut using a scalloped die.
The base card is a 7"x 7" white card with a first layer of blue card with three papers from Kay Millers Downloads, this one is called "Its a Spring Thing" the first pattern is a pretty all over flower paper, the second mount is a yellow background with blue and white flowers on, this was stuck on yellow card and placed across the base layer, the third mount is a piece of blue pearlescent card put through my cuttlebug with an embossing folder, but Ive also layed another paper from the same set a pretty blue paper with yellow flowers on, both edges have had two different border punches used on it, under this third mount.
The mounted image was stuck in the centre and my sentiment at the bottom on the right, to finish of Ive created two sprays of roses, one at the top of the left and one at the bottom on the same side, these were stuck onto some silicone glue with a few punched out leaves. The final thing is the two yellow pearls stuck at the top on the right.
This card is to be entered in the following challenges:-

26 comments:

Rosis Stöberseite said...

Shirley, once such a sweet theme, which you have so beautifully colored matched to the paper. I find quite beautiful.
Hugs
Rosi

Josephine said...

So pretty! I do love those papers, and that little girl just reminds me so much of my daughter - my youngest - laying down the law to her two big brothers!

Janette said...

Hi Shirley, Oh she is brilliant isn't she...your card is fabulous,love the papers again,coloured is perfectly to...I agree with you about the smooth card for the digi images Shirley,makes a big difference and of course making sure the ink is bone dry before you start.....trust me I learned the hard way..lol..hope hubby enjoys his day...have a good week-end.xx

sundownerin said...

oh shirley.... what a cute little girl you used!! and all the wonderful flowers!! you make it every time!!!

Babs said...

hi Shirley,beautiful card, and another gorgeous image, love your colours.
Babs x

Janette said...

Shirley, forgot to say there is an award for you on my blog if you would like it.xx

Sadilla said...

Hi dear
very pretty!!! I like it so much! as usually I love your colouring!!!
hugs
sadia

dolcreations said...

Oh this is so pretty...the paper and the image are awesome. Great card!

laura said...

Hi dear ,as always your work is beautiful,one question..how much grandsons you have?..i'll love to make a card for you but i dont know how much kids are,the ages and how much girls,how much boys....kisses...Laura.

Danielle said...

Love it Shirley! What an adorable image and the sentiment is perfect for it! Such pretty papers and flowers too!
Hugs, Danielle

Christine said...

Hi Shirley awesome creation gorgeous colour combo & this image is adorable..I use the same card for printing & use compatable inks ..never have any probs with digis..I have left you something on my blog if you would like to hop over to collect it.

luv hugs Christine xx

Saskia said...

So sweet and so lovely! Great card!

Saskia :)

sallysbitz2 said...

I love this card xx
The way you have set it out & your colour scheme is fab xx

coldwaters2 said...

Hi Shirley this is stunning those papers and colours are fabulous so is the image coloured beautifully. I do hope your hubby has enjoyed himself at the Steam Restoration place I have a brother who is also into the 'Steam Era' has countless videos etc.
Hugs
Lorraine x

Sue said...

Hi Shirley
aww luv this image, not used mine yet, fabulous colouring, luv the pretty paers, lovely embelies & design, sue,x

Lynne in NI said...

Awww, what a cutie! Great image and gorgeous papers too

Elaine L. said...

Very pretty! I always love yellow and blue together. Thanks for joining us in Mo's Challenge this week.

Elaine said...

Hi Shirley,
Such a very pretty card.
I love this image, it's on my wishlist for my next little shopping spree.
Papers are fab too, and your flowers are perfect.
Hope your hubby had a lovely day too.
Love Elaine xx

Anonymous said...

Hello Shirley-- your creations are all so cute- like them
Hugs and a wonderful sunday
Elma

Dawn B. said...

Shirley this is precious. I love the paper you chose. Great card for this week's challenge at Mo's. Thanks for joining us. Good luck to your hubby too. Sounds like an interesting hobby.

Riet said...

So gorgeous card Shirley,I love the image and your papers.

Hugs Riet.xx

Melodie said...

Wow, Shirley, your card is really fantastic.
Hugs
Melodie

Unknown said...

Shirley this is lovely too, the colours are so pretty,
Angela x

shulsart said...

Wow, this is just lovely. What a wonderful mix of papers and floral embellishments and you have colored Mo's image so sweetly. Good luck and thanks for joining in on the fun at Mo's Digital challenge blog.

Sarah said...

Oh what gorgeous colours Shirley and that image is fantastic, a beautiful card xxx

Kim Dellow said...

Super gorgeous Shirley. Thanks for joining Cute Card Thursday this week. Kim