Monday 2 September 2013

Challenge #18 - Cards for Men - "Tag It"

Good Morning Crafters, my hasn't this year gone by so quickly now we are into September and the children are due back at School in the next two weeks, I bet they are all excited about that especially the new pupils starting at new Schools this year, I know my hubbys granddaughter is starting on the 6th so we hope she really enjoys it.
Anyway this fortnights Challenge over at Cards for Men is themed "Tag It" so we want to see a tag somewhere on your card, you could create a tag shape card or even add it as a embellishment for my card I have created a pocket for mine. But back to our sponsor and this time its Heather Dennis of Fresh Brewed Designs.


And she is offering a fabulous prize of $10 Gift Certificate to spend on her website.
And this is what she says about herself and company:-

Hi. I am Heather Dennis. I am a homeschooling mother of 2 wonderful children, the wife of 12 years to the love of my life, a Christian and the owner of Fresh Brewed Designs. I have loved to draw and create ever since I was a child. My daughter has inherited my love of art and recently inspired me to start creating again.
All the images in my shop are hand drawn. I offer a wide range of images from coffee, cute and inspirational. I also love to create custom drawn images, so if you are looking for anything in particular, please feel free to drop me an email.

And we were lucky enough to be given several images to play with and I chose this one on the Tag.


 I decided to create a Shaped card, and drew the shape of the Hot Air Balloon onto card then cut around it to create the shape, on the balloon I used a paper from Sweetshoppe Digi "Time Flies" papers and this was stuck in the balloon shape. I then used some twine for the ropes and stuck then down with some clear glue, at the joints i have used dew drops to cover the knots.
I then created a pocked for the basket with some more of the paper from the same paper set, this was stuck over the basked shape at the bottom ready for the tag.
I printed the hot air balloon image onto white card then coloured it with my copic pens, afterwards I used a Go Kreate Tag die and inked around the edge to make it look like sky, I then stamped the sentiment across the bottom and fed some ribbon through the hole at the top, then placed the tag in the pocket of the hot air balloon.
Now that you've seen my card I do hope that you will pay a visit to the Cards for Men Challenge Blogspot and see what the rest of the very talented Design Team have created for your inspiration and hopefully you to want to take part "Tag It" Challenge.

9 comments:

Unknown said...

Fantastic Shirley just perfect for a male card.
Chris x

Donnas Den said...

Great project Shirley.

Donna x

Unknown said...

Shirley this is brilliant hun, what a fabulous male card and tag xxx

Edie said...

Thanks Shirley for sharing your project with us at 613 Avenue create. I like the lightness and airiness of your card/tag.

Chana Malkah said...

What a great project! Love the creativity and the detail that you incorporated into your design! Thanks for sharing this with us here at 613 Avenue Create!
Hugz,
Chana, Owner

heidy said...

Fabolous Shirley!!
XXX Heidy

Linda . J said...

What gorgeous card Shirley and in such beautiful colours, love the design.
Hugs Linda

Pop's Cards said...

Morning sweetie, this is absolutely gorgeous, huggles Pops x x x

Patricia St Martin said...

Shirley, Love your creation. Sorry I have not been around. Crazy summer! This is an awesome idea, love your paper, the shaped is fantastic fits perfect with the balloon. The extra embellishments are wonderful. Hope you have been well?
Hugs, Pat