Monday 24 May 2010

Cards for Men - Challenge Eleven - "Good Luck"

I cannot believe that the last Challenge bought over a 100 entrants and they were all fabulous, it was obviously a very popular theme, and I sincerely hope that this fortnights one is equally as exciting for you all. "Good Luck" is our theme this time, and we got a fabulous sponser in :-
and here is what is what Christy says about her company :- http://thestampingboutique.com/
Our company, "The Stamping Boutique" is dedicated to quality products and original artwork. Our designers are chosen for their character and personality,as well as, their beautiful designs. We work hard to give you our very best. Thank you so much for having us as your sponsor this week.
And she is offering 5 digi images as a prize, so Im sure there will be a great rush to take part in this challenge, and as there will be so many of you taking exams this year I thought Id used this fabulous image from Christy of a Graduate.
and I printed him onto white card and coloured him with my copic pens and then cut him out with one of my Nestabilitie dies, after which I drew around the edge of the die to create the mount for it out of dark blue card then cut it out by hand, before mounting the image onto it I ran some glue around the edge and dipped it into some fine glitter. The sentiment is a mixture of two stamps as I didnt have quite the combination I wanted and felt this was just right for this card.
The base card is a 7"x 7" white card with a first layer of blue card and one of two fabulous papers from Donna's Bearly Mine Extreme designs Cd, this has swirls on in white and a base blue paper, on top of this I have layered up two pieces of two different blue strips that have been put through my cuttlebug with my star embossing folder. On top of this Ive layered another mount in a diamond shape and a second paper with stars on, and then positioned my mounted image on top of this and my sentiment at the bottom on the right.
Please pop across and visit my Design Team member entrys at http://cardsformen.blogspot.com/ as Im sure you will be amazed at their fabulous work.

25 comments:

Melodie said...

What a lovely card with great colours.
Hugs
Melodie

Rach said...

A fabulous card Shirley, wonderful colour choice hun.xx

sundownerin said...

oh shirley.... godfather... ahhhmmmm, godmother of greeting cards.... these papers... and colors... the embossed paper... the words.... everything total wonderful!!

Poppy said...

lovely card Shirley.
poppy

Lavender and old lace said...

great card Shirley the colours are just right I love it Dorothy xxx

Riet said...

What a beautiful card Shirley,i love your image and the colours.
So gorgeous papers.

Hugs Riet.xx

Anonymous said...

Shirley- a welldone card! Like it and the colours are nice
Hugs elma

Claire Phillips said...

Great card Shirley - fabulous colouring and such a lovely mix of papers for the background! Cheers Claire x

Rosis Stöberseite said...

The arte is beautiful Shirley, so tone on tone I love and you used a great spell binder. Very nice also the subject. Terrific.
With loves and hugs
Rosi

Janette said...

Areally great card Shirley.xx

Christine said...

Hi Shirley stunning colours love those papers & your image is just brill

luv n hugs Christine xx

Elaine said...

A fab card Shirley. Love all the tones of blue, and cute image.
Love Elaine xx

issy said...

Fantastic card Shirley, and I love those papers.

x
issy

CraftyC said...

a gorgeous card Shirley. You have made great use of Donna's papers
Clairex

Saskia said...

Beautiful card Shirley!!

Sweet greetings, Saskia :)

Donna said...

Wow Shirley, this looks fabulous, all in blue, great embossing and I love all the gold around the image.
have a lovely day.
hugs
Donna xx

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

i just love all the blue and your sweet image Shirley. The sentiment is perfect!! Hugs,
Chris

Jules said...

Hi Shirley

A lovely card - great background and I adore that sentiment.

Love Jules xx

Debbie said...

A fabulous graduation card Shirley, I love the gorgeous papers.
Hugs
Debbie x

Mandy said...

Shirley you card is fabulous, love the colours & image you've used
love n hugs Mandy xx

Chris said...

A gorgeous card Shirley and such a cute image! Your colouring and design are wonderful, love the colours too. Hugs, Chris xx

dolcreations said...

Shirley this is so special this card. My son is graduating grade 8 and this card is such an inspiration for me to make a card for him. I just love that nestabilities template! LOVE IT SHIRLEY!

Wishcraft said...

Lovely card - great papers and fab sentiment :o) Lisa x

Paula said...

Such a beautiful card Shirley i love the blue colours and fab image.

Hugs Paula xxxx

Patricia St Martin said...

You are on a roll girl.. I love your card and I love the color. That blue is beautiful.