Monday 7 November 2011

Cards for Men - Challenge 23 - "Its nearly Christmas"

Good Morning Everyone, well would you believe it another two weeks have flown by and weve now reached our Twentythird Challenge and this ones theme is "Its nearly Christmas" and Im sure it will be a great favourite for you all especially as it only weeks till Christmas. Before I start I want to introduce you to the brand new DT members that have joined The Cards for Men team, and they are,

I do hope that you will visit their blogs and give them your support as we are thrilled at them joining us, only three of the members have taken part in this Challenge as Alan is away on holiday.
And now I want to tell you who our Sponser is for this Challenge and that is Karen Johnson of Karen's Doodles.

 

And here is what she says about her company:-

Karen Johnson has been drawing all of her life. She has worked on the feature film, “Ferngully The Last Rainforest” and has created animations for Disney, Fisher Price and Mattel. She has illustrated several children’s books and is currently teaching animation at a college in Wisconsin. She started Karen’s Doodles so she could share her whimsical drawings with crafters from around the world.

And she has offered 3 digi's to the winner.

We were lucky to receive several images to play with for this Challenge and I chose this one for my card, its called "Snowmen Caroling" you will find it here.
And I printed it onto white card then used my copic's and tria pens to colour it, afterwards I used Nestabilitie Labels Die No.17 to cut it out then used the die to cut around to create the mount for it out of blue card. The sentiment is one from my stash which I rather like and has been treated in the same way as the image.
The base card is a 6"x 6" white card with a first mount of blue card and a first paper of three from the Dovecraft "Let it Snow" paper pad, this first paper is a white background with a large glittered snowman in the bottom left hand corner, the second and third papers have been cut in strips and I have used a Martha Stewart Border Snowflake embossing border punch along the edges and then layered up, these two papers are two shades of blue with snowflakes on.
I then positioned mounted image towards the top in the middle and the sentiment at the bottom on the right hand side. To finish of Ive put a snowman button in the bottom left hand corner.
Now that youve seen my card I do hope you will go and visit the Cards for Men Challenge Blog and see what the rest of our very talented Design Team have created for your inspiration and hopefully you will then take part in this "Its nearly Christmas" Challenge.
This card is to be entered in the following Challenges:-

31 comments:

Anonymous said...

so cute card!
Hugs Elma

mueppi said...

Good morning dear Shirley
what a wonderful card and this image is grandios!
I love it!
Have a great start in the new week!
Hugs Gisela

Doreen said...

This is just gorgeous Shirley.xxx

Jen Nelson said...

oops - i think i've fixed it shirley...
jen xxx

heidy said...

What a fun card Shirley!
Hugs Heidy

Donnas Den said...

Wonderful card, Shirley. I think I've got those papers, will have to get them out :)

Donna x

Enfys said...

Hi Shirley, what a gorgeous little card, it would be perfect for a Child's card I think. Great colouring too!
big hugs
En xxx

Janette said...

Hi Shirley, A perfect Christmas card, that image is so brilliant, and the papers and sentiment are just fab.xx

McCrafty's Cards said...

Gorgeous card Shirley, I like the image and the papers.
Kevin xx

coldwaters2 said...

This is absolutely gorgeous Shirley I so love that fab image the colours are lovely and so is the bp.
Hugs
Lorraine x

Michelle B. said...

How adorable and festive! I love the background paper, very sparkly! Great coloring too! Looking forward to working with you!

Tracy Heaton said...

Great cheery card Shirley. Great to be working with you
Tracy x

Sarah said...

Beautiful festive card Shirley, love the image and papers x

Sue said...

Hi hun
thank you for the birthday wishes, totally gorgeous card, super cute image, fab colouring, lovely papers & design, sue,x

Stef H said...

nearly christmas! oy vey. where does the time go????? out the window for sure!!! lol.

what a fun card. love the snowman image too.

hugs :)

Melodie said...

Hi Shirley,
The vocal trio is very funny, and your card has become truly beautiful.
Hugs
Melodie

PS
With me is everything in order, I was angry about my only dentist.

Jules said...

Awww Shirley .. .. how cute is this

Those snowmen are so lovely .. .. and the one on your background paper showing off his heart is gorgeous and as for your little embellishment in the corner .. well .. .. I love him!! LOL!!

Great sentiment too.

Hope you and hubby are both well.

Love Jules xx

gina g said...

Another little beauty Shirley i love the sweet image and the papers are great. luv gina xx

Patricia St Martin said...

Great card Shirley. As always beautifully colored. I'm so glad you joined us at Color Me Creative.
Hugz, Pat

Hazel said...

Utterly delightful card - thank you for joining in my CHNC challenge 45 - hope to see you again soon x

Cheryl said...

Your card is so cute! I love seeing how you were inspired by my projects!

~Cheryl~ (Guest Chef for the Catered Crop)
** Check out my blog candy **

Bella´s Bastelecke said...

This is such fun and so pretty...love the image and papers......

Hugs
Judith

XxJULESxX said...

wow beautiful! thanks for joining in with us at IDIC!

Karen Hasheck said...

This is a lovely holiday card for a child! Love the image and all the special details! Thanks for sharing it with us at Paper Creations Ink and hope you will mail it into SAS4Kids to cheer a child who is inpatient over the holidays!

Suzanne said...

cute card, thank you for joining cmc this week

Lori said...

I love this image...those snowmen are just so cheerful! Great job coloring them and I love the paper you used with the glittery snowman...awesome. I've got to say if I had that paper I know I would hoard it forever. :) Thanks for entering the Catch the Bug Challenge this week. Good luck and please do join us again.
Lori

Stephanie said...

I love snowmen and this one is adorable, thanks for playing along at Catch the Bug.

Tammy Miller said...

I just love your card, you did a great job! Thanks so much for joining us for our Anything Goes Challenge at CTB!

Hazel said...

Lovely jolly card - and I love the sentiment too - thanks for entering the Paper Creations Ink challenge (Hazel, Guest Designer) x

Riti said...

such a cheerful card.
tfs

hgs,
Riti

email: ritibanka@gmail.com
Blog-http://alilpieceofheaven17.blogspot.com/

Julia said...

I love the card! Thanks for joining us at Paper Creations Ink. Hugs, Julia-DT