Friday 4 November 2011

Cuddly Buddly's Challenge 19 - "A Receipe" 3 Flowers, 2 Buttons and 1 Ribbon

Good Morning Everyone, I cannot believe that I have now been with the Cuddly Buddly team for 12 weeks and this is my 6th Challenge Card for them, what a lovely person Kim is thank you so much for choosing me for the Cuddly Team I do so enjoy being part of it. Anyway todays challenge is "A Receipe" and we want you to use 3 Flowers, 2 Buttons and 1 Ribbon on your card, and Im sure that wont be a difficult task as most of us use these on all our cards. This time I  am using the gorgeous Kim Sponaugle's "Picture Kitchen Studio" images and papers and if you would like to visit Kim's Cuddly Buddly Webshop you will be able to see the whole range of stunning images and papers she has created, heres the link for you, I would also like to let you know that not only does Kim sell digi products but also anything a crafter could desire and she also has a lot of freebies to give away, please do go and visit her shop and see for yourself.
And here is my card for this weeks Challenge.
For my card I have used the "Cupcake Fairy" and you will find it here I have printed her onto white card then used my copic and tria pens to colour her, afterwards I used Nestabilitie Labels Die No.22 to cut her out then used the die itself to draw around to create the mount for her. The sentiment is one from my stash and this was just stamped onto white card ready for me to mould around the cupcake die cut.
The base card is a 6"x 6" white card with a first mount of pink card, on top of this is my first paper of three that I have used these are again "Picture Kitchen Studio's Multi Fairy Fun"digi papers and you will find there here, I used a white background paper with pink swirls on for the first one, then on top is a large spotted one on which I have used a cupcake border punch from Martha Stewart on the edge, and the third paper a small spotted one and Ive done the same to that edge to, these were layered up on top of one another. Then on top of these I have used a piece of the same pink card as the mount to run through my cuttlebug with a cupcake embossing folder, this was then stuck down on top of the two other papers.
The mounted image was then positioned in the middle and I then cut out from a bit more pink card a cupcake case and for the top I used a piece of white pearlescent card, and of course for the candle a smaller piece of the pink again. I then moulded the sentiment around the case and used some stickles on the topping to create hundreds and thousands. To finish off I used a lace ribbon flower with beads in for my ribbon embellishment in the top left hand corner, and with a couple of cupcake buttons I finished of the card in the two opposite corners.
Now that youve seen my card I do hope that you will go and visit The Cuddly Buddly Challenge Blogspot and see what the rest of a extremely talented team have created to inspire you hopefully to take part in this weeks Challenge.
This card is to be entered in the following Challenges:-
http://craftypurplefrogchallenges.blogspot.com/
http://movingalongwiththetimes.blogspot.com/
http://atsblog.typepad.com/wednesdayschallenge/
http://freshbreweddesigns.blogspot.com/
http://www.scrapbooksisters.blogspot.com/

24 comments:

McCrafty's Cards said...

A gorgeous card Shirley, I like the sweet image and the embellishments,
Kevin xx

Janette said...

Hi Shirley, Another very pretty card from you, a sweet image and just lovely embellies, gorgeous.xx

Doreen said...

Just gorgeous Shirley an so pretty.xxx

heidy said...

Oh what a lovely card Shirley!
Hugs Heidy

Anonymous said...

so sweet! fantastic card
Hugs
Elma

CraftyC said...

Very cute Shirley, love the girly feel!
Clairexx

Patricia St Martin said...

Just love the cupcakes Shirley. She is a darling image. Beautifully colored and I love the pink. You even have a cup cake embossing folder and punch how cute. Just love your card.
Hugz, Pat

Bella´s Bastelecke said...

Wow Shirley - this is so pretty - love the pink colour scheme and the gorgeous embellishments.........

Hugs
Judith

Sarah said...

Beautiful pink card Shirley, love the image x

Dr Sonia S V said...

What a gorgeous way you have used the cupcakes
Cheers
Sonia
cardsandschoolprojects.blogspot.com

Debs said...

Scrummy card Shirley - the cupcakes look good enough to eat!
Thanks for playing along with us at MAWTT with us this week.
Good luck.
Debs xx

Melodie said...

Fantastic, my dear, great layout. I love also the beautiful flower.
Hugs
Melodie

debby4000 said...

Gorgeous Shirley, beautiful image and colours.
luv
Debby

Shell Shearer Swinscoe said...

Fab card hun, love the colours & those cupcakes are yummy!

Thank you for sharing with us at MAWTT this week, good luck!
Hugs Shell xx

Trish and Treasure said...

Cute cupcake fairy!

Linda . J said...

This is stunning Shirley great card and an absolutley fabulous image, nice layout too
Hugs Linda

coldwaters2 said...

This is beautiful Shirley, I adore that cute image and I am doing exactly what she is, licking my lips at those delicious looking cakes, lol, the papers and that embossed panel along with the flower is a recipe for one superb card, love it.
hugs
Lorraine x

Gale said...

Cute card. Love all the little embellishments that complete it!
Thanks for joining in our 'Anything Goes' challenge at Fresh Brewed Designs!

:) Gale
(come by my blog and enter to win a free copy of 'My Memories' scrapbook software!
http://galevarland.blogspot.com)

Sheryl said...

Hi Shirley! What a gorgeous and oh, so very sweet and pink creation! This is simply stunning and adorable!
I need to go back and take another look!
Thank you for joining us at Freshly Brewed Challenges for our, "Anything Goes with Blog Candy" challenge.
Warm Hugs,
Sheryl

Patty Sue 2 said...

This card makes me want to lick my lips! It is so yummy! Love the cute little ribbon flower.

Linda Anderson said...

Oh my, this sure is sweet!!! Love it!
Thanks for joining for the "Anything Goes" monthly challenge at the Fresh Brewed Blog.

Linda

gina g said...

Gorgeous card hun i love the flower. luv gina xx

kaos said...

Hey there

Beautiful creation - thank you for sharing with us at the Crafty Purple Frog Challenge!

kaos

Riti said...

Such an adorable card Shirley..
i love love lovethe cute cupcakes on top.
tfs

hugs,
Riti

email: ritibanka@gmail.com
Blog-http://alilpieceofheaven17.blogspot.com/