Sunday 30 November 2008

Two Skaters


I was given a challenge by my special friend Mandy of http://sparklybits.com/ to see what I could create with a Tilda and Edwin stamp that I had bought from her webshop earlier in the week, so Im hoping that she will like the card that I have made.

I firstly stamped the image of the skaters onto white card, and coloured them with my aquarelle pencils, after which I then blended the colours together with my koi waterbrush. After this had dried I picked out some of the colours with my Artquest paints to highlight and give it a shine in certain areas.

To mount the cut out skaters, I firstly folded a piece of blue card in half and mounted a piece of dark blue pearlescent card on the front. Onto which I pasted a image from my Cute Companions CD, design set picture of the frozen pond and snowman, I did alter the size of it before printing to cut it down a bit. This was then overlayered with a piece of clear Acetate which I attached to the fold with a piece of spotty ribbon to stop it moving and coming away.

On the Acetate I mounted the skaters over the area of the frozen pond, to give the appearence of them skating, and then punched several sizes of snowflakes and scattered them around the page to give the appearance of it snowing. On the tree I stuck punched out holly, three leaf shapes that I cupped to give the appearance of them being living things, into which I put some red glitter glue which I hope look like berries.

To finish of the card I printed a greeting on my computer in portrait, and then cut it out and edged it with blue pen, this I then attached under the Acetate to the pearlescent card.

1 comment:

sparklybitsblog said...

i love it shirley so much i had to pinch your idear thankyou for the inspiration x