Tuesday, 9 June 2009

Second Sample for Sarah - Word Book Card


This second sample for Sarah, is my first attempt at manipulating pictures on my computer, and after several attempts I eventually got it right. I opened one of Sarah Alphabets PDF files and then surrounded the letter, click to copy image and pasted it into My Word program, this is the basis of all the letters I have chosen.

The next thing I did was to find the right colour backing paper that went with the Alphabet, which was where I was going wrong, as I origninally picked out the colour I liked and found that the Alphabet colour didnt go with it. Anyway to cut a long tedious story short I ran 4 piece of white card through my printer, printing two different patterns on each side of them, then I printed out the letter individually, cut them out and stuck them to the end of each of the pieces of card. I should say that this little character on these Alphabet letters is absolutely gorgeous and is a favourite with my husband.

The next thing I did was cut around the letters carefully, arranged them in the name of my hubbys granddaughter, then cut the end of. Then I used my binder machine to punch the holes through that end, and counted the holes to find out the length of binding wire I would require. After which I fed the lopes of wire through the holes and put it in the other part of the binder that squashes the wires together.

The last thing Ive done is printed a label with a greeting on, and tied ribbons and threads onto the wires.

5 comments:

papercraftsbyrach said...

Shirley this is fantastic, well done. hugs rachxx

strawberry fields said...

lovely
fiona x

Janet said...

Gorgeous Shirley....well done!X

Vanessa said...

Very cute!!

Spyder said...

Brilliant Shirley, love it!

((Lyn))