Tuesday, 30 June 2009
Whiff of Joy Stamps - Guest Designer Call Challenge
This card has been created for the Whiff of Joy Stamps, Guest Designer Call Challenge, this is to be for the release of the new stamps on the 25th July, as Katharina is looking for people to take part in a bloghop. Although Im going to take part in this Challenge, I wont unfortunately be around on that date as Im of to Norfolk to pick up my two grandsons for a weeks holiday the day before.
I have used Katharina's sketch as requested to create my card. I have used a flexiable ruler to create the curve, then cut it out. I have put some green pearlescent behind the curve, and on the piece of card that Ive left, I have used a patterned paper for the curve to lay against.
The papers I have used are from several of the Nitwit Digi collections. I have used a basic 8"x 8" size card, and for the first layer Ive used a pale blue pearlescent card, with my first paper, this one is a pale blue one with a pretty leaf pattern on it. For the second layer I have used a pale green pearlescent card with a very pretty rose patterned paper, before sticking it down, I have used a bit more of the paper thats been stuck to the inside and used my Martha Stewart border punch to create a lace edge, these were then stuck to the base layer.
The stamped image is one of the Whiff of Joy Summer Design images, I have stamped it onto white card and coloured it with my copic pens, I have then cut it out with my circle Nestabilitie die, using a masking technique that Rach Jakes uses. I have used a piece of the pale green pearlescent card for the scalloped outer mount, they have then been stuck together with some foam tape. I have also used one of the Whiff of Joys greetings stamps this was cut out with a tag Nestabilitie die, trimmed around and stuck to the green mount.
To finish of I have created four flowers using the papers that I had left, and some green paper I also printed, I have moulded them as shown in Bev's tutorial, and Ive stuck some pearl brads and silver spacers through the centres. To stick them to the card I have punched out some fern leaves, and with some silicone glue arranged them on the base card with the flowers stuck on top. The final thing is the blue pearls stuck to the curve of the cut out edge.