Ive made the card today to enter two Challenges, Stampin up Weekend and the Just Magnolia Challenges, Ive used the theme from the Stampin up Challenge, which was Chocolate and Strawberries with the Just Magnolia Sketch. Its been a rather stressful week and neither my husband or I have been particularly well, although Im feeling better than I was, I wanted to thank all of you who so kindly have been asking how Im progressing, and left me such lovely comments and wished me a speedy recovery. And I do have to get fit quickly as I have two of my grandsons coming to stay for a week from the 23rd and they will be expecting a to be able to do things that 8 and 9 years old love doing. While Im on the subject, during their stay I wont be posting any cards till after the 1st August, or be able to visit your blogs which I will sadly miss, as they will be sleeping in my craft room and I wont have access to my computer or my crafting goodies.
Anyway to get back to my card, Ive stamped my new Summer Club Tilda stamp onto white card then masked her and stamped the rather large and juicy looking strawberry behind her. I then coloured them with my Karisma pencils today, thought Id give them an airing for a change. Ive then used my oval Nestabilitie die to cut her out. As it was the largest of the dies I then drew around the die and cut it out of a piece of red mirri card, and stuck my stamped image onto it with some foam tape. I also stamped out one of the greetings and mounted that on another piece of the same card.
The base card is a 8"x 8" white card, with layers of red card with my first pattern Nitwit download paper, and on top of this I have cut a piece of brown pearlescent card and used another of the patterns on it. I have then cut a smaller piece of the red card and layered a third paper onto it and with some ribbons wrapped around the centre, Ive stuck it across the base card.
I then stuck my mounted image on the card in the centre, and the greeting to the top right hand side. After which I have stuck two roses around the greeting, and made three flowers from the Hydrangea petals with some pink pearl brads through the centres, then stuck them to the card with some silicone glue and a few punched out leaves underneath them.
Then punched out some flourishes using a piece of one of the papers and stuck them to the mount down the left hand side, after which I stuck some little heart gems amoung the flourishes.