Friday 31 August 2012

A Card for the Sugar Bowl Challenge

Good Afternoon Everyone, again I have been very slow posting a card, Ive sort of lost my mojo I find I really not in the mood for card making, last week I was asked to make samples and that motivated me to work but this week I really not in the least finding the urge to get myself into gear. Maybe it was because so much went wrong last week that I was so wrapped up with the stress of that, that my mojo went of for a holiday. Anyway I did get around to creating this card today its for the Sugar Bowl Sketch Challenge and for the Sugary Sunday one on Facebook. Its one of Funky Kits gorgeous mermaids and I stamped her onto white card before using my copic pens to colour her. I also put some glitter on the tails of both the mermaid and the seahorse.
I then cut her out with a large rectangle die from Spellbinders and the two papers are from one of the Maya paper packs, I used the darker blue paper for my first mount and distressed the edge of it, I then used a lighter on on the other mount and distressed the edge for that one to.
Ive created the card as the sketch required and then used three buttons with bakers twine tied in knots in the holes and a seahorse charm on the side.
This Card is to be entered in the following Challenges:-
http://sugarbowlblog.blogspot.co.uk/
http://copicmarkereurope.blogspot.co.uk/
http://dutchdare-cardchallenges.blogspot.co.uk/
http://paper-craftingjourney.blogspot.co.uk/
http://www.sarahhurleychallenges.blogspot.co.uk/

19 comments:

SYLVIA-ANNE said...

Wow Shirley - I don't think your Mojo went very far! Your card is fabulous - perfect colouring and a brilliant layout.

Hope all is well with you and yours -
Big Hugs, Sylvia xxxx

Anonymous said...

so sweet card wish you a nice weekend
Hugs
Elma

Doreen said...

This is gorgeous Shirley....great image and colours.xxx

Laine said...

Hi Shirley, I love this image and you have done her proud. Wonderful colour and design detail. I think its the time of year as I have found inspiration has vanished at the tail end of this week.
Hugs
Laine
X

Janette said...

Oh this is precious Shirley, what a sweet card.xx

McCrafty's Cards said...

This is gorgeous Shirley, I like the image the colours and the seahorse charm.
Kevin xx

heidy said...

Oh what an adorable card Shirley!!
XXX Heidy

Melodie said...

Hi Shirley,
I love your card very much, it's so wonderful.
Hugs
Melodie

Riet said...

So beautiful card Shirley,I love the image and the colours.
So gorgeous papers.

Hugs Riet.xx

Carol C said...

Beautiful card, I love the image :) Thanks for joining us over at the Sarah Hurley Challenge Blog this month, Carol xx

Sarah said...

Absolutely gorgeous Shirley, just love the image x

Stef H said...

sooooooooooooooo pretty! that seahorse button (?) is fabulous too. what a great embellishment!

hugs :)

cotnob said...

This is lovely Shirley, fab image and pretty blues.
Pauline
x

Wendy said...

I love this image very cute card hun thank you for joinging us this week at the SB

Wendy

Liliya said...

Your card is very pretty!! Thank you for joining DDCC! xx Lilia DT

fatmonica said...

It's a lovely card,the image is beautiful.Thanks for sharing it with us at Sarah Hurley's Challenge Blog.

coldwaters2 said...

Fabulous card Shirley that image is so pretty I love that Seahorse charm
Hugs
Lorraine x

Anonymous said...

Beautiful card, love that image! Thank you so much for joining us at the Sarah Hurley challenge Blog!!

Clare Brown said...

just lovely and the charm is just adorable.Goodluck at sarah hurley challenges.