Wednesday 29 August 2012

The Paper Shelters #79th Challenge - "Layers on Layers"

Good Morning Everyone, it seems along time since I actually wrote up a full post but its only two weeks since I did but so much has happened it makes it seem longer. This post is for The Paper Shelter Challenge Blogspot and for this we want to see your cards with lots of layers, Im sure it wont be a problem as we do that more often than not dont we?
But before I show you my card I want to tell you that as always our sponsors are Veronica and Pedro of The Paper Shelter and they are offering you a prize of $30. (Yes an even bigger prize) to spend on their website

but this is providing you have used one of their products on your card, they sell some stunning images and beautiful papers plus complimentary things as well. But even if you dont use one of their images they will still give you 3 digi images of your own choice if your picked by random org, so really you just cannot loose with this challenge can you.
And here is my card created for this "Layers on Layers" Challengs.

And for my image I have used "Dew Drops" and you will find it here, Ive printed the gorgeous image onto white card then coloured her with my copic pens, afterwards I used Nestabilitie Label Die No.17 to cut it out then drew around the die to create the mount.
The base card is a 6"x 6" white card with a first mount I have used blue card and then for my papers I have used "Sophie in the Country" and you will find them here, I cut them into layers and with a Martha Stewart border punch I have punched all the edges and then layered it up the card from the bottom. Across the top I have wrapped a blue gingham ribbon and stuck it at the back of the first mount.
The mounted image was then positioned in the middle, and with some of the left over papers I used a rolled flower die to create the flowers that have been stuck to the top of the card in the left hand corner, these were stuck to the card with silicone glue on top of the diecut leaves. The final thing is the sentiment which I googled and then printed it and mounted it onto another piece of blue card and stuck in the bottom right hand corner.
Now that youve seen my card I do hope that you will go and visit The Paper Shelter Challenge Blogspot and see what the rest of the very talented "A" Design Team have created for your inspiration and hopefully you will then take part in this "Layers on Layers" Challenge.
This Card is to be entered in the following Challenges:
http://emeraldfaeries.blogspot.co.uk/ 
http://everybody-art-challenge.blogspot.co.uk/ 
http://lejdesignschallengeblog.blogspot.co.uk/ 
http://paperandsuchonline.blogspot.co.uk/ 
http://partytimetuesdays.blogspot.co.uk/ 
http://www.craftdoormagazine.com/ 

19 comments:

Anonymous said...

like the diffrent colors of the border!
Hugs
Elma

Doreen said...

A Beautiful card Shirley....lovely image and details.xxx

Jac’s Playground said...

Love all the layers and fabulous edges, thanks for joining us at the Emerald Faeries Challenge this fortnight.

McCrafty's Cards said...

Gorgeous card Shirley, I like the image the layers and the colours.
Kevin xx

Christine said...

Hi Shirley cute image gorgeous flowers & punch work so pretty..

smiles Christine x

heidy said...

Oh this is so cute Shirley!!
XXX Heidy

debby4000 said...

Love your adorable, gorgeous card Shirley.
luv
Debby

♥ Doreen ♥ said...

Klasse Karte.
Vielen Dank für deine Teilnahme bei EAC.
Liebe Grüße Doreen

Shell Shearer Swinscoe said...

Great card, fab colours & I love the layers!

Thank you for sharing with us at Emerald Faeries!, good luck!
Hugs Shell xx

Manderly said...

Wow, what a beauty you have created! I like how you've given instructions on how you created such a lovely card. Thanks much for entering A & T Emerald Faeries Challenge! Hope to see more of your talent.
Manderly
xxxooo

McCrafty's Cards said...

I have popped back to see your gorgeous card again Shirley and Thank you for joining in with us at TTCRD, good luck.
Kevin xx

Riet said...

So beautiful card Shirley,I love the image and the colours.
So gorgeous papers.

Hugs Riet.xx

Cheryl said...

So adorable! Thank you for joining the "Wings & Things" challenge at Paper and Such.

--Cheryl--

Stop by my blog to check out my {Belated} Birthday Blog Candy!

~ Kendra ~ said...

Adorable card, love the fairy!! Thank you for joining us at Paper and Such!

Stephanie said...

Gorgeous coloring and I love the dew drops! Thanks so much for joining us at Paper and Such for this week's challenge!

Sarah said...

Just gorgeous, love the colours and design x

Jules said...

Love the layering it is very effective and your colouring is great. Thank you for joining us at A & T Digital Designs (EFG). Good Luck xoxoxo

Tina said...

stunning card , love everything about it !Thanks for joining us over at LEJ Designs this week . Tina xx

coldwaters2 said...

Absolutely gorgeous card Shirley I love your choice of image also the flowers the layers look fantastic.
Hugs
Lorraine x