Thursday 9 August 2012

A Card for Sunday with Santa and Sugary Sunday's Colour Choice

Good Morning Everyone, this will be my last posted card for over a week, though I will be scheduling one for next Wednesday as I have my two grandsons coming on Saturday for a weeks holiday, and my eldest grandson will be getting married Saturday week (18th) so Im going to be banished from my craft room for just over a week and will be relying on my hubbys computer to deal with my emails and such forth. Anyway todays card is for this weeks two Facebook Challenges Sundays with Santa's "Ribbons and Charms" and Sugary Sunday's "Colour Choice" and Ive used the Funky Kits image, not sure of the name so please forgive me, Ive coloured it as the colour chart says
anyway I hope you think I have, Ive then used Nestabilitie Die Labels No.5 to cut it out then used the die to draw around to create the mount for it.
The base card is a 6"x 6" white card, and for the first mount is a pink card then on top I have used one of Donna's brand new "Christmas Light" digi paper set, there are some gorgeous papers in this set and you should pop across to the Bearlymine Design Shop and see for yourself. I have then wrapped two ribbons around the middle and placed my mounted image towards the right. I then created a ribbon bow with two smaller ribbons and popped a Santa Charm on it, then stuck in the middle of the larger ribbon on the left hand side. The final flourish are the four dew drops stuck in the two corners on the left.
This Card is to be entered in the following Challenges:-
http://craftingforallseasons.blogspot.co.uk/
http://divasbydesignchallenge.blogspot.co.uk/
http://justkeeponcreating.blogspot.com.au/
http://mymumscraftshopchallenges.blogspot.co.uk/



23 comments:

heidy said...

Fabolous card Shirley and enjoy your week with your g-sons and hope your older G-son have a lovely weddingday!!
XXX Heidy

Rina said...

This is just adorable Shirley... great DP's. colors and LO!!
Thanks for joining us at Divas this week!

Rina

cotnob said...

This is so pretty Shirley, I love your papers and lovely image.
Pauline
x

Sarah said...

Gorgeous festive card Shirley, beautiful image and colours x

suzARTe said...

hi Shirley,

this is a really lovely Christmas card. Pink is not a colour I am used to seeing on Christmas creations, I have to say it looks fantastic.

Thanks so much for sharing your card at Christmas is just around the corner at Just keep on creating I hope you will continue to play along :)

Doreen said...

This is just gorgeous Shirley,love the image and fab papers.xxx

Anonymous said...

what an adorable card!
wish you a happy tiem with the grandkids! here school stars next monday after 6 weeks of holiday!

Hugs
Elma

Stef H said...

even that donut looks fabulous - LOL.

love the card and love your blog look.

i was thinking of u yesterday and was on my way over and then.... INTERRUPTIONS! glad you stopped by.

hugs :)

Unknown said...

such a fabulous and lovely card hunnie...just too cute hugs sassyxxxx

McCrafty's Cards said...

Gorgeous Christmas card Shirley, I like the image the papers and the charm.
Kevin xx

Laine said...

Super card Shirley, wonderful image, colour and design detail. I love it.
Hugs
Laine
X

Unknown said...

Shirley what a fab image a super card , great stamping and well done you ! Hugs Elaine

Anonymous said...

What a gorgeous image, love the paper too, very pretty
Hugs julie P

Melodie said...

Amazing card, the image is so beautiful.
Hugs
Melodie

Nicole said...

Hi Shirley,

beautiful card you've made, but I'm missing parts of our sketch, 3 layers of paper under the stamp. I'm sorry, but this card cannot participate in our prizedraw. However I hope you will join us next time at Chirstmas Challenges {with sketches}.

Greetings...

debby4000 said...

Love your gorgeous card Shirley, its so cute too.
luv
Debby

Pop's Cards said...

Hi sweetie this is gorgeous, your colours are fabulous, hugs Pops x x x

Kym's Crafty Cards said...

Shirley, what a gorgeous card you have made. You certainly have a busy time ahead with grand-mother duties and a wedding. I hope it is a beautiful day to remember. Best wishes, Kym xxx

Jill said...

gorgeous christmas card thanks so much for joining us at MMCS hugS Jill xx

Unknown said...

Hi Shirley, Oh gorgeous! Love the colours and your colouring is perfect.

Thanks for joining in with us at Divas by Design this week.

Sarah

Carrie said...

Great Christmas card!

Thank you for joining us at MMCS this week! x

Bella´s Bastelecke said...

Wow your card is fabulous!
Love your gorgeous colors and such pretty papers and detail!

Hugs
Judith

Jan said...

This is fab thanks for playing along at CFAS xx Jan