Wednesday 21 January 2009

Beautiful Peonies








Todays card is one that Ive created with my paper punches, its generally known as Floral Punch Craft. I have several photos that Im going to upload so that you can see the process of making the flowers.
Firstly I will explain how I made the base card, its a Red A4 Pearlescent card folded in half, on top of which I have put a piece of textured white paper, which I have put through my cuttlebug with one of the embossing folders, around the middle I have laid a piece of white embossed vellum which has been punch along the edge with one of the Martha Steward border punches called Double scallop, I bought this from http://www.diestodiefor.com/proddetail.php?prod=ms-doily. Around this I have placed a piece of grosgrain red ribbon and then I cut a Ribbon Tag with one of the Nestabilitie Dies and attached this again with the same red ribbon along the bottom of the card.

I then fitted this piece of white card to the base by firstly punching the two outside corners with one of my EK corner punches called graceful heart, which I bought from http://www.thehobbyhouse.co.uk/ and slipping the corners into the punched out pieces. I then made a Mount for the Flowers with another piece of the Red Pearlescent Card and one of the Label Nestabilitie Die, and the smaller white one was made with another piece of Emobossed Card which I had put through my Cuttlebug machine.
The two Peonies were created by punching out 12 medium Apple shapes, 3 medium Sun shapes, 3 small Sun shapes and two large Snowflake shapes. And I moulded them with the tools that you will see in the photos at the top of this posting. You then stick the moulded petals to each of the Snowflake arms, which are then mounted on top of one another making it two layers thick, the sun shapes are then cupped and stuck to the centre to create petals. After which you then arrange them onto the mount and stick them with moulded leaves around the edge.

1 comment:

PeeJay said...

Stunning card Nannieflash. I love these peonies and yours are just as good as those in Susan's book. Beautiful!