Friday 16 January 2009

My Love Card


This Card was an image in my mind that I had designed and wanted to try and see if I could actually make it.
Firstly I used several different colours of my Glimmer Mists to create the background paper, this I had to leave to dry over night, as the paper becomes rather wet. I should have said that I used a textured card, a bit like the watercolouring paper, it actually absorbed it better.
I used several different colours on two pieces of Stampboard to create the background and then stamped the beautiful Rose Image, which is the new Harlequin Rose set from Elusive Images. I then triple embossed it.
The piece on the side was a piece that I tore from the remains of the background paper on which I stamped another of the stamps from the Rose set, I embossed it with Black Magic embossing powder though from the picture you would thing I had dont it with gold, and used a gold leaf pen along the torn edge.
The base card is a A3 piece of Red card cut down to 21cm x 21cm, on top of which Ive mounted a piece of black card just a bit smaller. I made the card up by sticking the torn edge piece to the right hand side and I actually stamped some edge stamps just under where Ive mounted the main image, but I then didnt like it so Ive stuck some lace around the edge of the Stampboard, which was mounted on top of the lace.
I cut one of the Nestabilitie Ribbon Tags out and stamped a greeting onto it and embossed it again with the Black Magic embossing powder, I used a piece of red and two tone brown ribbon through the tag and mounted this onto the bottom of my card.
After which I mounted the whole top piece onto the black card, Im reasonably pleased with the end result its more or less what I had in mind, card making always changes as you go along doesnt it?

No comments: