Friday 30 January 2009

With Love


Todays card was created as a thank you to a young postgirl who's been helping out at our local sorting office. As most of you will be aware we are very reliant on our post for all our bits and pieces and Im sure without the help of my local postpeople I would be lost. The young lass remarked that her Nan would love one of my cards so I set out to make something a little special for her.

The base card was made out of A3 card cut to an 8" square, on top of this I have laid a smaller square of Cream Pearlescent Card, and then on top of this I have put a pale green one, but Ive also cut a circle in the centre and used one of my EK corner punches, Graceful Heart (I pinched the idea from Becca's Amazing Grace Blogspot) to give it an pretty edge.

I then attached this to, two of the corners of the cream card with punched out hearts made with my Scalloped Nestabilitie Heart Die and two staples, I did eventually put some glue in the other two corners to keep it from moving around.

I created the two Zinnia's with several punches, the raindrop, abstract heart, two sizes of Daisy, mayflower, small suns and the small flowers from my 5 corner flower punch. These were punched out and moulded with my deet tool, then stuck together and then arranged in the centre of my card, around the edge I used large Dahlia petals to create leaves which have been moulded to look more natural.

To finish of the card I have punched out a couple more hearts with my dies, and a tag for the greeting, these were stuck to the card with silicone and I then tied a bow and put this above the tag.

And the last thing I did was stick some green pearls to the hearts and the circle in the centre.

No comments: