Monday 19 April 2010

An Anniversary Card for a Dear Friend

Good Morning Girls, well the sun is out again though it does look a bit hazy, not sure if thats the Volcanic ash or just because weve had such lovely weather recently. I looked in my box of premade cards last week and discovered that I had no Anniversary cards, and I thought Id better get a move on and make some as Ive got quite a few friends whos Anniversarys all seem to come together, and this is the first one I made on Saturday though I do still have a few more to make as well, but thats for another day.
The image is one of the Just-Rite Circle Stamps a beautiful Hydranga image and Ive actually coloured it with my Faber Castell prisma colouring pencils as I felt I had more control over them, and as the mop heads dont all have the same colour at any one time, I though it would be easier to get the colour range with the pencils.
I then cut the image out and the sentiment which is another of the same make stamps with my Nestabilitie circle dies, and made two mounts out of blue pearlescent card with the scalloped ones.
The card itself is a 6.50"x 5.50" size, and unusal one for me, as the image is rather small it looked really lost on a bigger card, I used the sketch that was published for this weeks Mos challenge as it seemed to fit the card design better, and the three papers Ive used are from left over bits I had in my stash box, they are I believe all designs from the Nitwit Downloads.
The image was then mounted in the centre with the sentiment to the left at the bottom, Ive also popped some white gems down the right hand side, and a gorgeous Daisy flower that I picked up at Hobbycrafts in a sale, the punched out leaves are from a new Leonie Em Maidenhair leaf punch, I love it, its so dainty.
Well I suppose Id better get on, Ive been washing windows and nets a bit of Spring Cleaning each week hopefully will make the house smell a bit cleaner. So take care enjoy the sunshine.

16 comments:

Rach said...

beautiful colouring on the flower shirley, it looks stunning. great flower and beautiful details.. enjoy the sunshine.x

Leann said...

This is beautiful Shirley!
Hugs x

Poppy said...

great card Shirley,lovely colouring, Love that cream flower.
poppy

Janette said...

Agorgeous card Shirley and I sooo love that flower,oh I want some...xxx

celia said...

Je kaartje ziet er weer geweldig uit Shirly!Knap werk!Liefs,Celia.

Paula said...

What a beautiful card Shirley i love the colours and the flower image is so pretty. Im also spring cleaning but would much rather be crafting lol.

Hugs Paula xxxx

Sadilla said...

Wow dear
Lovely card!! very beautiful!
Hugs
Sadia

Babs said...

Beautiful Shirley, i love the saying, and the papers you have used all look so lovely.
Its my 40th Anniversary on the 2nd of May, i am really looking forward to it
Babs x

Stef H said...

omgoodness! is this ever the beauty! wow!

Wishcraft said...

Lovely card - that flower is stunning! Lisa x

Sue said...

Hi Shirley
beautiful card, gorgeous image, lovely card hun, sue,x

Rosis Stöberseite said...

Shirley class, a great card again. The flower is quite fantastic. And this paper I find pretty.
Hugs Rosi

The Dolphin Inn said...

This is so pretty Shirley, I love the soft blues and the sentiment is perfect, good luck with the spring cleaning, I am in the throes of mine too, its nice to see everything gleam again ( sadly it doesn't stay like that long lol), have a great week hon XXX

Jules said...

Hi Shirley

A gorgeous card.

I love your image and that gorgeous Hobby Craft flower looks real.

Your new punch is yummy!!!!

I have been doing the same as you and trying to do a few Spring cleaning jobs each week .. .. .. after all I can't spend too long away from the crafting table!!

Have a lovely day.

Love Jules xx

Melodie said...

Wonderful is this card with the great flower.
Hugs
Melodie

coldwaters2 said...

Oh wow Shirley this is awesome what an amazing creation the colours that main image and what a whopping gorgeous flower WOW I love this

Hugs
Lorraine x