Friday 9 April 2010

One Card for Two Challenges

Hi Girls, I do so hope that you are experiencing the beautiful weather that we are in Gloucestershire, for the last two days its been gorgeous and todays temperature is 25 degrees outside, and my garden has suddenly taken on a spurt, the beautiful daffs are also out, its lovely to be alive isnt it? Im so glad that Im now recovered from my nasty Tummy Bug that I had last week and I can at least enjoy it and guess what? we even got to do a bit of gardening yesterday and cut the grass, not that you can call my grass that, its more moss than grass but its green, and the blackbirds enjoy turning it over for grubs and the such like.
Anyway I just wanted to thank you all for the lovely get well wishes and for being such wonderful friends at a rough time. I also want to welcome back and say Im so pleased that Rachel Jakes is back blogging and creating again, I know so many of you love her work and have missed her dreadfully,  so WELCOME BACK  Rach, we are thrilled to see you back.
Todays card has been created for two Challenges, Mo's Black, White  and Kraft and any other colour you like, Im afraid Ive taken that litterally, and Cute Card Thursday is Mono, so Ive almost stuck to that one to. Anyway Ive used this gorgeous little fairy riding a frog, its one of Mos latest creations and I do love it, he looks so happy doesnt he?
Anyway Ive printed him onto white card and coloured him with my copic pens, the extra background was from some stamps I bought just recently, sorry I carnt bring them to mind where I got them, but it was from the US. Anyway I then cut it out with my Label Die No.4 Nestabilitie Die and drew around the edge to create the mount for it, the sentiment is one of Stampin up ones, I think I bought it on Ebay but carnt remember. This was also mounted onto a piece of grey pearlescent card.
The base card is a 7"x 7" white card, with a first layer of grey card with one of two papers from the Papermania black and grey pad, this is a lovely flowery paper that looks like weeds in a pond, the second paper Ive also mounted onto grey card, this has a little flower pattern on white paper, the third layer is a piece of grey pearlescent paper that Ive used the new Bird on a bush Martha Stewart Border punch, the bird is actually on the corner punch so its just branches on the border punch if you are wondering. After which I wrapped a beautiful piece of the ribbon that I got from Jacqui in my blogcandy I won last year around the middle and fixed it to the back of this mount.
The mounted image has then been stuck to the centre of my card and the sentiment at the bottom on the right hand side. I then created two flowers with my Nellie Sneden Flower punch and some left over flower paper and even used the middle punch with some of the left over grey paper, then stuck them together by layering them up and popped a little gem in the centre before sticking it to my card on some punched out leaves.
Ive changed the photo to one I took this morning as I thought you might be able to see it better.

19 comments:

Rach said...

Good afternoon Shirley, you sound like you are really enjoying the lovely sunshine that we are having, isn't it gorgeous...
I have got to say I love the colours that you have used to colour your froggie image, they are wonderful and work so well with the papers you have used.
mwah and thank you for your lovely kind words hun.. enjoy your weekend, lets hope the weather stays with us.xx

Janette said...

Gorgeous card Shirley,so love the image you have used so beautifully.....Thankyou for telling us that the wonderful Rach is back,I am a big big fan I must confess....hope your well now.xx

Unknown said...

Wow shirley gorgeous card love the colours. Have a great weekend
Christine x

Babs said...

Your flowers are beautiful,The image is so cute, lovely card.
Babs x

Danielle said...

What a gorgeous card Shirley - you've coloured in Mo's image so beautifully! Glad you're enjoying such fine weather - we had that over Easter and now it we've hit the typical 'April Showers':(
Hugs, Danielle

Anonymous said...

I love the image! And you combinate all so well together- beautiful card
Hugs and nice weekend for you
Elma

Sue said...

Hi Hun
aww gorgeous card what a lovely fun image, awesome colouring, been another gorgeous day, so glad you feeling a little better, i sat out in the garden this afto, hugs sue,x

Karin said...

Great card with a fun image! That sentiment is perfect and I love your flower embellishment!

Christa said...

superrr shirley i love the stamp the child and the frog , beautiful card ,have anice weekend hugs xx christa

Patricia St Martin said...

Love your image, it is so cute. Wonderful job with your creation. I always love to look at your cards. Beautiful embellishments.

Sadilla said...

Hi Dear
very nice card, I always like so much the image you pick!! :))
Lovely!!
...here we are enjoying warm days as well...
hugs
Sadia

Elaine L. said...

Very cute! I just did a card with this little guy, too. Love the underwater scene you've created. Thanks for playing along with us in Mo's Challenge this week.

Cami said...

Hi Shirley! Glad you're having good weather for a change! Love this cute frog card...your coloring is beautiful! I don't know how you can so intricately color these detailed images... guess it takes a lot of patience and it shows! Hugs, Cami

Melodie said...

Fantastic card, dear Shirley. The picture is so cute.
Hugs
Melodie

Amanda said...

Wow I love this image, I can so feel her delight, and the feeling of freedom.

This a wonderful card I love it.
Amanda

Dawn B. said...

This is so sweet. This image is perfectly colored.. Thanks so much for joining us at Mo's this week.

Renee said...

omgoodness, they just keep getting better and better as I scroll down to see what I have missed, this is just beautiful and fun. I love the colors! Blessings

klarcher said...

Gorgeous card, love the whole composition and coloring

The Wired Angel said...

Fab job on this card Ms. Shirley.. love it! Thanks so much for playing along with us at Mo's challenge this week and being such a great Mo fan. Hugs, Peggy