Saturday 3 April 2010

One Card for Three Challenges

Hi Girls, thank you so much for the lovely get well wishes you left me in your comments, Im so grateful for them, although Im still struggling to recover I decided today to make an effort to try and create a card, and instead of making several cards for the different challenges Ive made this one. I do hope that Mo, Cute Card Thursday and Stampin for the Weekend Challenge will accept it to cover all the design elements of the three, which are Pastels, Eggs and Ribbons and Bows.
Ive printed this sweet image again and coloured it this time with my promarkers, they are a little more difficult for me at the moment as I havent quite worked out the right combination to create the skin tone, I suppose with time and effort I will get that right eventually. Anyway Ive punched the image out with my No.12 Label Nestabilitie Die, then created a mount by drawing around the outside edge of the same size die and cutting out by hand. Ive done a similar thing with the sentiment which is one I bought recently from Nikki of http://bunny-zoes.blogspot.com/ as shes got a good sale on at the moment.
The base card is a 7"x 7" white card, with a first layer of pink card and one of three papers a pretty all over Easter egg paper in pink from Nitwit Downloads, this was then covered with a blue second paper and Ive used my new Martha Stewart border punch along both outside edges and threaded some ribbon through them, and stuck two little bows on top with some sticky dots. The third layer is a yellow card with a lovely little rabbit paper stuck on, and this was stuck over the second layer.
I then positioned my mounted image in the centre and my sentiment to the botton right hand side. The flower was created with the new Nellie Sneden Multi flower punches and some ribbons woven through all the holes, after which Ive popped a beautiful pink pearl brad through the centre with a silver spacer, before sticking it to the card I stuck some green leaves in a circle and the flower was then put on top, and the last thing is the pearl gems stuck down either side of the image.

35 comments:

Claireabelle said...

Shirley this is just fabulous!
x

Rach said...

gorgeous card Shirley, such an adorable image, I love the flower that you have made.xx

chris said...

Hi Shirley
wow this is amazing and your colouring is so so fabulous.
hope you are ok love chris xx
Happy easter xx

Christine said...

Hi Shirley glad to see your a likkle bit better, gorgeous card stunning colouring wish I could get it together with me markers...lovely layout fab card.

luv n hugs Christine xx

Unknown said...

Hi Shirley
Nice to see you back, with a gorgeous card, love that image and the colours you have chosen.
Christine x

Becky said...

Hi Shirley!
What a beautiful card!! So gorgeous!!
Thanks so much for stopping by my blog!!
xx

Poppy said...

great card Shirley,hope your soon beter.Have a good weekend.
poppy

Lisa said...

Hi Shirley, Wow this is lovely! Such pretty papers and gorgeous flower.

Lisa x

Sue said...

Hi Shirley
glad you got some crafting in hun, beautiful card great colouring, lovely papers & layout, also fits Totally Papercrafts challenge digital?? sue,x

Jules said...

Hi Shirley

So pleased to read that you are feeling a little better. I hope you feel fully recovered soon.

You have posted a lovely creation today.

Beautiful image and colours and your flower is gorgeous.

I hope you and hubby are enjoying Easter (apart from the germs).

Love Jules xx

Stef H said...

shirley! this is absolutely gorgeous. i just love that flower! glad to hear you're feeling a bit better and hope you enjoy easter!

Jessie said...

Happy Easter Shirley! Your card is beautiful as always :)

Julia Aston said...

What an adorable image - nice triple challenge card!

Anonymous said...

Happy Easter Shirley- love your new card!
Hugs
Elma

Melodie said...

a fantastic design, dear Shirley, with wonderful colours.
Hugs
Melodie

Cami said...

Hi Shirley! That's my girl! I know you're not feeling up to par yet, but you have created this lovely card. OMGosh, so much detailed coloring...even I couldn't color something like this! It's a gorgeous card! Well, I'm sure you'll be up and about soon! Nothing crafting to cure any ills! Hugs, Cami

Wendy M said...

Beautiful :D

Sue said...

well done Shirley, thank you for joining us at Totally Papercrafts this week, hope to see you next week, sue,xx

Janette said...

It's a brilliant card Shirley and I hope you continue to get well,enjoy the Easter break.xx

Elaine L. said...

Great job with this sweet image! Thanks for joining us in Mo's Challenge this week.

debby4000 said...

Oh wonderful card Shirley, love the colours and the fab image.
luv
debby

♥ Lydia ♥ said...

Absolutely beautiful x
Thanks for joining in with Mo's Challenge this week x

Kate's Makes said...

Really beautiful Shirley :o)

Thanks for joining the SFTW challenge and good luck!

Kate

Kirsten...x said...

Hi Shirley love this card the image is fabulous and love all your details...x

hugs kirsten...x

Unknown said...

Wonderful card Shirley, love this Mo image and fab LO.

Thanks for joining us at Totally Papercrafts this week.

Hugs

Joanne xx

Unknown said...

Shirley this is gorgeous, such a cute image!!
I use sunkissed pink for cheeks, almond and blush. There are fab tutorials here,
http://vixykins.blogspot.com/2009/09/promarkercopic-colouring-tutorial-hair.html
Angela x

Lavender and old lace said...

Hi Shirley glad you are feeling a little better,this is a really sweet card I love mo's digi images
love Dorothy

Mandy said...

Shirley your card is beautiful, so very pretty and the image is adorable.
Glad you are feeling a little better it's lovely to have you back with us, don't over do it
love and hugs Mandy xx

Spyder said...

Love this card. I love Mo's images they are just the best ever!! And you've made a fantastic card anyone would love to keep forever!! I love your flowers, and your colouring is just amazing!! Happy Easter.

(((Hugs)))) ((Lyn)))

Joey said...

Hi Shirley


gorgeous card! I absolutely love this image, thanks for joining us at tpc this week

Joey.x

Janneke said...

Pretty card ;0)
Thanks for joining us at TPC this week.

cats whiskers said...

What a great card dear love the colour scheme and the fab image, your colouring is just perfect, I do hope you are feeling better dear

Love and Hugs Jacqui x

Annie said...

fabulous card and I love the image! thanks for joining in with us at CCT this week.
hugs, annie x

Lisa said...

Super card! Love that image! Thanks for joining us at Mo's Challenge this week. Hope to see you again!

Mummylade said...

really cute. Love the flower. I'm so glad you joined the SFTW challenge this time and good luck.