Friday 30 April 2010

Pink Gem Challenge - Special Birthdays 1, 13, 18, 21 etc,

My card for this special birthday challenge is a 13 birthday card for a young lad just starting his teens, and Ive used this lovely image of Miki in his football gear and coloured him with my copic pens then I cut him out with my oval nestabilitie die, I also created a mount with some blue pearlescent card and my scalloped die. The football badge is another of Janets stamps and the sentiment is a Hero Arts one with gold numbers stuck in the middle.
The base card is a 7"x 7" white card with a first layer of blue card and one of three papers that Ive printed from the "Kick it" Nitwit download set, the first layer is a green paper with a football field drawn on it in white, the second paper is greetings paper with all sorts of messages for a footballer, and the third is all over football design, Ive used a border punch on both of these and stuck them across the middle of the first layer afterwards I stuck a football ribbon around to the back of the first layer.
Ive then stuck my image to the left hand side and my sentment and badge to the right. To finish of Ive stuck two footballs and boots along the bottom of my card.
And before I go I want to wish you all a wonderful weekend I hope you all enjoy yourselves, but I do hope the weather improves and we get some of that lovely sunshine we had at the begining of the week, take care

17 comments:

Rosis Stöberseite said...

Your children are simply grandiose motives Shirley, also your card. Where to get them? My grandson also enjoys playing football and he had his birthday today. Have unfortunately found nothing with football. Then I took the card, which I have now terminated.
As an alternative, also very good. Wish a nice weekend
With Hugs and Love
Rosi

Sue said...

Hi Shirley
another brill card hun, great image would do for any age, have great weekend hun, sue,x

Unknown said...

What a great card for a young boy!! Love the football sentiment too!! Have a lovely weekend Shirley, fingers crossed for some sunshine,
Angela x

Mandy said...

Wow Shirley I love this one hun, you are so clever to think of doing the pitch as the dp, fabulous card.
Hope you have a lovely weekend
love and hugs Mandy xx

Donna said...

Smashing card for a boy Shirley, love the sweet image too. Hope you have a wonderful Bank Holiday weekend.
hugs
Donna xx

Stef H said...

perfect for a new young man!

Janet said...

Oh Shirley this is just gorgeous Chuck......love the pitch in the background.....your colouring of Football Miki is superb!! xx

Melodie said...

A really beautiful card, specially for a football-fan.
Hugs
Melodie

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

HI Shirley!! What a cute image!! I love your colors and layout with the soccer ball theme! Have a great weekend!
hugs,
Chris

hobbyvita said...

hallo
what great map exactly the right thing for a football fan.
A dear greeting

Birsel

Janette said...

Great card Shirley,fab image,sure it will be well recieved..have a good Bank Hols.xx

coldwaters2 said...

What a great card for a new teen don't they all love their football lol...loving that image and colours Shirley a brilliant piece of work as always my friend.
Hugs
Lorraine x

Debbie said...

A fabulous card Shirley, love the cute image and the papers tie in perfectly with the soccer theme.
Hugs
Debbie x

sundownerin said...

What a cute image!!a brilliant piece of work! he wil be very happy to get it, i am shure....
hugs my sweet

Christine said...

Hi Shirley wow just love this gorgeous card stunning image & colouring fab layout great take on the chall.. thanks for sharing & joining us at A Gem a of a chall. good luck..

luv n hugs Christine xx

Mandy said...

Hi Shirley,
This is fabulous..Love the background and you've coloured Miki perfectly..A Beautiful card..
Thank you for joining in with us at A Gem of a Challenge...
Mandy xx

debby4000 said...

Oh he is so cute Shirley, fabulous card.
luv
Debby