Thursday 29 April 2010

A Card for Two Challenges - Mo's and Cute Card Thursday

Good Afternoon Girls, sorry Im late posting my card today, but Ive been rather busy this morning and didnt get around to making the card till after we had our lunch. By the way its also pouring of rain in Gloucestershire so Ive no doubt the garden will be the best thing to benefit from it. It seems such a shame that the lovely weather we have been getting used to seems to have gone. Oh well such is Life.
I created my card for two challenges this week, Mo's "Masculine" and Cute Card Thursdays "Anything Homemade". Ive used this lovely little image of a little lad in his first car by Mo titled "Zoom" and coloured it with my copic pens afterwards I used one of my Nestabilitie dies to cut him out. The sentiment is one of Hero Arts one and I thought it was quite appropriate for this image.
The three papers Ive used on this card are from the Beep Beep Collection from Nitwit Downloads, oh while I think of it, theyve got a good sale over the May bank holiday if you are interested in picking up a good bargain. The base card is a 7"x 7" white card with the first layer of blue card with my first patterned paper, the centre two, which arnt straight deliberately are firstly a blue and white check paper with a second red and white check paper positioned on top, for this one Ive used the family punch around all four edges.
The mounted image was stuck in the centre of my card and my sentiment to the bottom on the right hand side.
To finish of Ive created two windmills, and by gum they were tricky to create because they were of a small size, but I found the tutorial on the internet and it was to say the least extremely useful. Hope you like it.

22 comments:

Anonymous said...

such wonderful card! Rain? Come here- here was lovely sunshine and 22 degrees!

Hugs
Elma

Wishcraft said...

Fab card, love the image and bright colours :o) Lisa x

Rach said...

a faabulous card Shirley. the papers are perfect for this image... great windmills too.. x

Debbie said...

A fabulous card Shirley, I love that cute image and the papers tie in perfectly with the car theme.
Hugs
Debbie x

Rosis Stöberseite said...

Oh Shirley, you have sooo beautiful children behavior. Again, this is really great and your card simply gradios.
Hugs
Rosi

Raven B said...

I love Mo's images and you colored it wonderfully. Great job.
Hugs,
Raven

Unknown said...

Hi Shirley
gorgeous card any little boys dream, lovely colours.
Christine x

Sue said...

Hi Shirley
how are you?? gorgeous card fantastic colouring, luv the papers & layout hun, sue,x

AlexaCzar said...

this is a really beautiful card !!!

Hugs
alexa

Poppy said...

what a great card,love the papers and the image, rained here too... all afternoon.
poppy

Deb said...

gorgeous card, the little windmills are fabulous, many thanks for joining us at CCT this week, hugs Debx

Janet said...

What a wonderful boy card Shirley....fabulous! You sound like me.... sore tummy if I eat but feel sickly if I don't.....so can't win....hopefuly the tablets will sort it out! xx

Mandy said...

Fabulous card Shirley, such a cute image and your papers and embellies are perfect.
Sorry for my lack of visits the last few days, I'm having trouble with my shoulder and typing makes the pins and needles down my arm worse, it's my own fault for over doing it a bit what with the decorating and not resting it, I will probably never learn though lol
love and hugs Mandy xx

Sadilla said...

hi that's a very cute card!! )
love that image, and the paper you used...
hugs
sadia

Melodie said...

Wonderful, dear Shirley, the paper is fantastic for the picture.
Hugs
Melodie

debby4000 said...

Oh this is so cute, fabulous card Shirley.
luv
Debby

Jessie said...

wow Shirley what a stunning card! Really love the pin wheels on it :) About my recipe cards - I nearly always use my fave recipes on them. every now and then I find a recipe on the net that I would like to try so I'll make a card of the recipe. I haven't tried the furniture polish recipe yet but I thought it sounded great, hopefully I'll get to try it out this weekend. Thanks for always stopping by my blog :)

Unknown said...

Shirley this is so cute!!! The bright colours work perfectly too. The little cars like this are Philip's favourite playtime activity at nursery,
Angela x

Cynthia said...

This is adorable! Love the bright colors with this image.

Elaine L. said...

This is wonderful! Love the paper...perfect for this image. Thanks for joining us in Mo's Challenge this week.

Dawn B. said...

This is so sweet.. You did a terrific job. I love the windmills.. Perfect embellishments. We are so glad you joined us at Mo's this week Shirley.

The Wired Angel said...

Darling card Ms. Shirley! Great colors and papers. Thanks so much for being so faithful to Mo's challenge week after week. Hugs, Peggy x