Wednesday 21 April 2010

A Birthday Card for Luke

Morning Girls, well the sun has gone to sleep at the moment lets hope it wakes up again as it looks quite cloudy outside. Hubby is just of to post a couple of parcels things he sold for me on Ebay so they will be on their way presently.
I got a bit of a shock at the weekend, as I have four of my grandchildren coming to stay in the summer holidays, the two boys of my youngest daughter Clare for the first week, and my middle daughter Sarah's two one boy and one girl are due to come for the following week. The two boys will go onto their other grandparents, luckily they will come and pick them up. But to be honest this means complete turmoil in my home, I have to clear my craft room out for them to sleep on the futon settee, and of course we also will have to clear my hubby's office as well so that the lad can sleep on a mattress on the floor the second week. So my answer is to try and get all my birthday cards sorted before they come, and thats what I did yesterday, I picked out from my stash all the right cards put inserts into them and then put them in envelopes all ready to post, guess what Im now all ready upto September, pretty good dont you think?
Anyway enough of my woes, my card today has been created for my friends grandson who will also be two in September, and I felt this other Mo's "Terrible Two's" image was ideal for him (some of you might like to find these images heres the link for you Mo's Digital Webshop), Ive printed him onto white card and coloured him with my copic pens. The base card is a 8"x 8" white card as its rather a bigger image than I normally print, I needed the extra room, the papers are from the Beeb Beeb downloads from Nitwit Downloads, a really vibrant set of papers.
I used a sketch I found amoung my stash sorry I carnt remember where I downloaded from but thank you who ever it was, the first paper is a white design which has multi sized spots on, and the second and third papers were punched along the edge with the party hat border punch from Martha Stewart, the final mount is a striped paper mounted onto blue card and stuck across the other two. My mounted image has been stuck on top and the sentiment is one I created on my computer and then punched out with one of my label dies and two brads popped through the two holes. Ive finished of with some buttons, two blue ones and one teddy bear one, and some confettii HB stuck randomly on the blue check paper.
Finally thank you Lyn for pointing me in the way of the "Wish you were Shirley" font and I hope that you all have a wonderful day, guess what the suns just come out again.

24 comments:

Unknown said...

wow aren't you organized your card is gorgeous Shirley...love and hugs Nikki xx

Wishcraft said...

Oh fab card! LOVE this image, it's so funny :o) Love the bright colours you've used too. Lisa x

Paula said...

Wow what a fabulous card you have made Shirley i adore this cute image and the funky papers and colours.

Hugs Paula xxxx

Rach said...

I love these terrible two images and you have made a wonderful card with yours.. wow good for you being so organised with the birthday cards.. well done.. I am sure that you will thoroughly enjoy your grand children's company while they are with you.. but until they are with you enjoy the peace... the sun is out here too.. Yay.. still a little chilly though xx

Heather D. ~ Fresh Brewed Designs said...

OH MY GOODNESS! HOW DID YOU GET A PIC OF MY SON???!!!??? ;) lol
This is just TOOOOO CUTE! I love the fantastic colors and papers. Your image coloring is fantastic!

I got a giggle out of this and reading your post. Gotta love the terrible twos... temperamental threes ... forget about it fours, frustrated fives, silly sixes, SO Sassy sevens, and then you hit the nothing is ever enough eights. :D lol. (Granted there is more good than bad.. just letting those that DONT know that it DOES NOT STOP at the terrible 2s lol!!! But what a ride it is! And I have many more to find out and learn from.

Have a beautiful day my friend!

Lisa said...

Hi Shirley, Wow this is a fab boy's card! I love the image and papers.

Lisa x

sundownerin said...

ohhhh my god, you have soooo cute stamps.......... you lucky one!
and you create faboulos cards!!!

Stef H said...

what an absolutely fabulous card!!!!

oh i hear ya. i love my granddaughter to bits, but more than 2 days is way too long!

Claire Phillips said...

Fabulous paper and colour combination. Your colouring of Mo's image is spot on - Another great card Shirley - love it! I can sympathise with 2 year olds - I'd really like to throw a wobbly like that sometimes! Cheers Claire x

Leann said...

This is gorgeous Shirley - I have a 5 year old who still has "terrible two's" type tantrums occasionally!!!
You know you'll love it having all the grandkids about - enjoy the peace until then!
Hugs x

coldwaters2 said...

Fabulous card Shirley the colours are wonderful so bright and cheerful and loving that image. Sounds like you are going to have a wonderful time during the summer holidays lol.
Hugs
Lorraine x

rozzyb said...

fanastic Cast Shirley... I can hear him screaming from here lol
I can see you are going to be very busy shortly... jsut hoep you get some 'me' time too
take care
love and hugs rozzy xx

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

Aww!! Love this boy image!! Too cute!! Love the coloring and layout!!
hugs,
Chris

Lavender and old lace said...

ah what a lovely image you have made a super card with it I love it
xxxxxx Dorothy

Anonymous said...

wow- what a nice card!!!
Hugs
elma

debby4000 said...

Wonderful card Shirley, gorgeous image and colours.
luv
Debby

Melodie said...

Fantastic card, dear Shirley, the picture is so cute.
Hugs
Melodie

Rosis Stöberseite said...

A very nice image and you have it colored super. The whole card is pretty, so colorful. Right for a child.
glg
Rosi

Donna said...

oh isn't this just the cutest Shirley, love the image you've used, the whole card is very colorful. Sounds like you're going to have a very busy summer, shame that you won't get a chance to craft though, but it's understandable.
hugs
Donna xx

Unknown said...

Awww such a gorgeous card and so cute, love the colours and the image is so cute and funny . Hugs xxx

Swaantje said...

Ohhhhhh...what a lovely card,Shirley!
The little boy is so cute ;o)
Great colours and details have you used.
Have a nice weekend.
Hugs
Swaani

Sue said...

aww gorgeous card hun, luv this image, aesome colouring, great papers & layout, sue,x

Spyder said...

Love this card Shirley!! Its perfect for a terrible two's )I was sooo lucky, mine never got the terrible twos!) Hugs
(Lyn))

Bev said...

Love love love this card Shirley, the image is brilliant. Love your choice of colours and papers too x